This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Wake up to a morning filled with love and indulge in delicious Valentine’s Day breakfast recipes. Serve breakfast in bed for a relaxing morning with easy overnight and make-ahead meals, or spend time together in the kitchen cooking breakfast and sipping your favorite morning coffee. These recipes are perfect for 2 or for the whole family to share around the table.
Table of Contents
- What food is eaten on Valentine’s Day for Breakfast?
- Tips for making Valentine’s Day Breakfast Recipes
- How to plan a Breakfast menu for Valentine’s Day
- Best Valentine’s Day breakfast recipes
- Savory breakfast recipes
- Indulgent breakfast recipes
- How to prepare breakfast ahead of time
- Frequently asked questions
- full list of recipes
Have you heard the old saying that the way to someone’s heart is through their stomach? Cooking is filled with passion and love to express how much you want to celebrate your relationship, and it’s easy to convey this through these romantic breakfast recipes. I share some of my favorite savory and indulgent breakfast ideas to make Valentine’s Day morning. Don’t forget the coffee!
What food is eaten on Valentine’s Day for Breakfast?
- Fluffy pancakes and other sweets. There’s something romantic and endearing about whisking up a batch of pancakes from scratch with someone you’re celebrating your love with. French toast, waffles, and crepes are also sweet and indulgent breakfast ideas you can whip up together.
- Breakfast in bed make-ahead recipes. Spend the morning cuddled up while breakfast basically makes itself. Overnight oats and breakfast casseroles are perfect for a cozy morning in bed.
- Savory and hearty dishes. Steak and eggs, omelets, quiches, and breakfast bowls are all great options for cooking your way into your lover’s heart and stomach.
- Baked with love: quick bread and muffins. These are perfect for celebrating a quick moment together before heading to work on Valentine’s Day. Make it the night before to spend a little extra time together if you have a busy morning ahead.
Tips for making Valentine’s Day Breakfast Recipes
- Adjust recipes for how many are being served. Valentine’s day breakfast may just be the two of you, or you may spend the morning with the whole family. Either way, you can adjust recipes for the number of people eating. Or, make it all and have leftovers!
- Include fresh fruit. A variety of sweet and savory breakfasts are always complimented best with fresh fruits. Berries, oranges, melons, and grapes are all great options to serve alongside your morning meal.
- Assemble a breakfast board. Choose a few recipes to fill a board of your favorite morning bites. You can include small pancakes and waffles, bagels with cream cheese, berries, nuts, yogurt, different toppings, mini quiche, and eggs. Make it as intimate or family-friendly as you like!
- Make-ahead breakfast. Assemble casseroles the night before to bake them fresh in the morning, bake muffins, and mix together overnight oats. You can also simply prep a few things beforehand to make cooking quicker in the morning.
- Cut into love-inspired shapes. Use a cookie cutter to cut pancakes into hearts or teddy bears and decorate them with sprinkles, whipped cream, or fresh strawberries. It’s easy to add a little extra love to your breakfast visually.
How to plan a Breakfast menu for Valentine’s Day
- Decide the guest count. There’s a big difference between making breakfast for two and serving the whole family, so adjust recipes for how many will be dining.
- Love is the theme. Choose recipes you love and enjoy and create a menu around those tastes. If you’re a meat-eating, egg-loving breakfast eater, then savory valentine’s day breakfast recipes would be better suited. Alternatively, pancakes, cinnamon rolls, and crepes may be right if you both enjoy the sweeter, more indulgent side of breakfast.
- Pick recipes for the time available. Holidays will fall on days when the routine of school and work are still on the schedule, so choose recipes that will fit into your day. If you have a busy morning, a sweet gesture of breakfast will go a long way, but you don’t have to spend too much time making it. Pancakes are quick, or make-ahead bakes that are hassle-free.
- Don’t forget the toppings! Add some homemade goodness to your waffles, pancakes, crepes, or french toast with some of these topping ideas:
Best Valentine’s Day breakfast recipes
Spend time with your loved ones before starting your day to celebrate Valentine’s day over breakfast. There’s plenty to choose from! You can also serve up something sweet or indulgent like crepes, french toast, pancakes, or oats in various ways.
Who says you have to choose just one or the other, though? Pair a savory dish with something sweet to have a little of both worlds.
Savory breakfast recipes
For Valentine’s day breakfast recipes, you can’t go wrong with a classic steak and eggs breakfast, an omelet, or another savory breakfast dish. There are simple and quick ideas and recipes that will truly impress!
Romantic breakfast ideas
- Pan Seared Steak – A delicious cast iron skillet steak is so perfect for a romantic and meaningful breakfast. Pair with fried eggs, toast, and fresh fruit for a full breakfast to serve for Valentine’s day.
- Yogurt Chaffles – Grab your waffle iron and whip up these chaffless in just 10 minutes! They’re elegant and so delicious, topped with different combinations of avocado, tomatoes, yogurt, feta, and green onions.
- Smoked Salmon Bagel – This is a lazy day breakfast full of fresh flavors of lemon and dill. Top with zingy flavors like red onions, capers, or some cool cucumber slices or tomatoes. There are so many possibilities.
- Avocado Toast with Egg – Hearty and toasty bread with avocado and eggs cooked four different ways. It’s a quick and healthy way to start your day.
- Veggie Oatmeal with Egg – Oats are cooked with water and parmesan cheese and then topped with fresh veggies and a fried egg. It’s a simple, hearty breakfast that’s so easy to customize!
- Baked Eggs in Avocado – This recipe has many beautiful colors and is easy to make. Crack an egg in an avocado, bake, and then top with some of your favorites for breakfast served in its own bowl!
- Lebanese Ful Medames – This classic Lebanese breakfast is so wholesome and unique. The best part is the spicy jalapeno sauce drizzled on top. Eat with fresh, crisp vegetables and pita.
- Shakshuka with Feta – Eggs poached in tomato sauce full of Mediterranean flavors and topped with crumbled feta. This is a rich, savory breakfast or brunch idea to serve on Valentine’s Day.
Omelets and Eggs
- Veggie Omelet – A classic omelet stuffed with cooked red onions, peppers, mushrooms, and spinach and filled with melty cheese.
- Souffle Omelet – This recipe is so light and fluffy, and it’s actually really easy to make with a simple technique. Fill with your favorite toppings for a customizable omelet recipe.
- Cheddar Cheese Crusted Omelette – What a fun recipe this is! It’s an inside-out omelet that cooks the cheese on the outside, creating a delicious golden brown and crispy cheese crust.
- Easy Cheesy Omelet – Learn how to make a restaurant-quality omelet to impress your valentine. You can fill it with any of your favorite omelet ingredients.
- Fluffy Scrambled Eggs – You can’t go wrong with a classic. Get the best results with this buttery, fluffy scrambled egg recipe with a secret addition.
- Pesto Eggs – Eggs are cooked on top of pesto and covered until cooked to your liking. I love to serve this over toast with a pinch of red pepper flakes.
- Cloud Eggs – This is a quick and fun way to cook eggs by whipping the egg whites until fluffy, adding the yolk, and cooking. They look like little fluffy clouds with a tasty yolky center for dipping toast.
- Mediterranean Egg Wrap – This Mediterranean Egg Wrap is the ultimate breakfast sandwich loaded with fresh and vibrant flavors and scrambled eggs.
- Broccoli and Cheese Quiche – Made with the best pairing of broccoli and cheddar cheese, this vegetarian quiche is beautiful and tasty, too!
- Crustless Quiche – Skip the crust, fill it with fresh veggies, and bake into a gluten-free low-carb breakfast. It’s quick, easy to make, and a wonderful display of healthy goodness.
- Mediterranean Frittata – This is so delicious to serve to a crowd with sauteed vegetables baked in scrambled eggs and full of Mediterranean flavor. Yum!
- Breakfast Egg Cups – Make these veggie-filled egg cups ahead of time to bake up Valentine’s morning for a quick bite.
Hearty breakfast ideas
- Sweet Potato Hash With Baked Eggs – Kale and sweet potatoes are baked with eggs for a hearty, savory breakfast that’s light but filling.
- Huevos Rancheros with Sweet Potatoes – Perfectly cooked, runny, sunny-side-up eggs on top of a bed of sweet potatoes, pico-style salsa, and fresh, crispy corn tortillas make for the perfect breakfast or brunch!
- Loaded Breakfast Sweet Potato – Start with a fluffy sweet potato and fill it with eggs, salsa, avocados, and sour cream. Or switch up the toppings for a versatile, hearty breakfast recipe.
- Sweet Potato Breakfast Bowl – This healthy breakfast bowl is made with a boiled egg, sauteed kale, sweet potatoes, and simple seasonings. It’s vegetarian and easy to make!
- Tex Mex Breakfast Bowl – A delicious, easy, protein-packed meal with a spicy Southwestern sweet and smoky taste and topped with fresh salsa and avocados.
Indulgent breakfast recipes
Indulgence can mean a few things in terms of breakfast. From buttery crepes, fluffy pancakes, and cream and berry stuffed french toast to oatmeal recipes, quick bread, and even smoothies. These breakfast recipes are over-the-top delicious and are great on their own or as part of a larger meal when choosing your Valentine’s day breakfast recipes.
Pancakes, waffles, french toast & crepes
- Perfect Waffles – Homemade waffles are so special and tasty that you’ll love serving them up fresh with your favorite toppings like berries and whipped cream!
- Blueberry Yogurt Waffles – Simple and quick to make, these blueberry Greek yogurt waffles are perfectly crisp and fluffy. The addition of yogurt adds another layer of flavor for a delicious bite.
- Easy Homemade Pancakes – These scratch-made pancakes are way better than the box stuff and just as easy to make!
- Fluffy Banana Pancakes – Easy to make with the best flavor of cinnamon and banana, these pancakes are so moist, fluffy and a hit with the whole family!
- Pink Pancakes – These beet pancakes are a great Valentine’s Day recipe made in a blender that you can prepare the night before. Keep it in the blender covered in the fridge and then just fry them the next morning.
- Lemon Ricotta Pancakes – Soft and fluffy pancakes with a hint of lemon zest flavor. They have a bright and fresh flavor and easy to whip up!
- Overnight French Toast – This breakfast bake is the perfect no-fuss breakfast. Brown sugar, cinnamon custard soaked bread with a toasty pecan topping that’s ready to bake in the morning!
- Homemade French toast – Start with the basics. This classic french toast recipe is so easy to make and build with some of your favorite toppings like fresh fruit and maple syrup.
- Strawberry Stuffed French Toast – A fun breakfast or brunch idea for Valentine’s Day made with brioche bread, cream cheese and strawberries!
- Blueberry French Toast Casserole – If you want a nice lazy morning with your love, then this casserole is a true winner! Simple to make and is great for popping in the oven to bake while you sip on coffee.
- Delicate Buttery Crepes – You just need 7 simple ingredients, a blender, and a skillet for an irresistibly thin pancake. Fill with sweet cream and fresh fruit for an irresistible breakfast.
- Lemon and Sugar Crepes – The bright and fresh burst of lemon and sweet sugar with buttery crepes is heavenly. Simplistic and utterly crave-worthy.
- Strawberry Protein Crepes – The classic crepe is great, but these are fantastic for egg-free and dairy free eaters with a little boost of plant-based protein. Top with fresh strawberries and coconut yogurt.
Oats and Breads
- Cinnamon Rolls – Not a holiday passes by when cinnamon rolls aren’t on the menu. They’re so easy to make ahead of time and they’re vegan, too!
- Custard Yogurt Toast – A creamy custard mixture is spread over sliced bread, topped with fruit, and baked for a simplistic novelty recipe perfect for breakfast.
- Baked Pecan Steel Cut Oatmeal – Easy to make and baked with mashed bananas and toasty pecans for a breakfast that cooks while you spend time with family.
- Cranberry Pecan Baked Oatmeal – This is the perfect way to start your day. Fresh cranberries with nutty pecans and oats, a touch of cinnamon, maple syrup, and orange zest for a fresh citrusy surprise!
- Protein Oatmeal with Bananas – If you’re looking to get your protein in for the morning but don’t want a difficult breakfast to make, then this is a great recipe to fill you up.
- Strawberry Banana Bread – If you’re in the mood for a little twist on banana bread, this strawberry banana bread is a great one to try!
- Blueberry Banana Muffins – Made with fresh bananas and blueberries, this muffin is packed with flavor and nutrients. Plus, it’s made with Greek yogurt, which makes it extra moist and fluffy.
- Chocolate Banana Muffins – Full of chocolatey goodness, these muffins are low in calories and will give you the energy you need for the day ahead. Make ahead of time to spend a little extra time snuggled in.
Smoothies and Yogurt
- Chocolate Hazelnut Smoothie Bowl – Talk about decadent! This creamy and rich smoothie bowl is made with frozen bananas and Nutella and topped with hazelnuts, cacao nibs, and chocolate chips.
- Mixed Berry Smoothie – Made with frozen strawberries, raspberries and blackberries, blended with banana, yogurt, almond milk and almond butter for a cool and refreshing start to your romantic day.
- Strawberry Parfait – Utterly charming and tasty, these are the perfect pick-me-up to get you started in the morning. I love adding candied walnuts on top and swapping out the fruit for whatever I have on hand.
- Pomegranate Smoothie – Made with only a handful of ingredients, it’s fresh, full of fiber and fabulous. Plus, these gorgeous pomegranate seeds just make everything more romantic with its beautiful pink color blended in.
How to prepare breakfast ahead of time
- Oven: As long as you’re not cooking anything in the oven, you can set it to 200°F and store hot dishes like breakfast casseroles, quiches, and other hot foods.
- Prep ingredients: A day or two ahead of time, chop veggies, mix batters, and even bake quick breads and muffins. This will help make breakfast more timely and less of a hassle in the morning.
- Overnight recipes: Some breakfast recipes can be assembled the day before and rest overnight to simply pop in the oven or enjoy straight from the fridge.
Frequently asked questions
There are so many options for choosing a romantic or family-friendly breakfast to celebrate Valentine’s Day. Cinnamon rolls, quiches, quick breads, french toast, pancakes, omelets, or go over the top with steak and eggs!
Some breakfast recipes are great for making ahead of time and stored in the fridge until ready to cook or bake. You can also extend your morning by getting an earlier start and keep food warm in the oven until ready to eat.
Wake up early to make breakfast to serve in bed or set up the table for two with a scrumptious and romantic Valentine’s day meal.
Whether you make breakfast in bed or set the table for a romantic meal to start your day, there are so many recipe ideas to try. Make it a family breakfast with dishes built for a crowd! Having a loving breakfast together for Valentine’s Day is a great way to show your love through delicious food.
full list of recipes
Check out the picture cards for all the recipes listed above. You can click on any of the recipes cards to take you directly to those recipes.
If you found this recipe roundup for Valentine’s Day Breakfast Recipes helpful or if you try any recipe on Feel Good Foodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipes! It helps others who are thinking of trying out this tutorial and we would love to hear about your experience. And if you snapped some shots, share it on Instagram so we can repost on Stories!