Low Carb Egg WrapJump To Recipe
- Serves: 1 serving
This low carb egg wrap is a power house breakfast option when you're trying to limit eating bread, but want to feel full and satisfied. I make the egg wrap by whisking eggs with flour and water, frying it on a pan and stuffing it with veggies, herbs and cheese. It's totally customizable to your taste and diet goals!
- Author: Yumna Jawad
Low Carb Egg Wrap
Eggs are so versatile. Even when you think about just using them for breakfast, there are countless ways to prepare them. And that, my friends is admittedly why I’m borderline obsessed with having eggs for breakfast like 4 times a week!
Sunny Side Up
And now…egg wrap!
This is an egg recipe inspired by a Lebanese style omelette called “ejjeh.”
In the version of ejjeh my mom makes, she whisks together eggs to make a thin crepe-like omelette. Then, she adds mashed potatoes on top, flavored with garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper. I created this recipe for my low carb egg wrap as an inspiration from my mom. But instead of stuffing the egg wrap in mashed potatoes, I stuff it with mashed avocado because avocado is everything! And then on top of that, I throw in whatever vegetables I have on hand.
The only real necessary ingredients for this are, well, eggs – duh. But what I mean is you technically don’t even need the flour. But I like whisking it into the egg mixture to give it a bit more substance and change the consistency to mimic a (bright and yellow!) tortilla.
After I cook it on a non-stick pan, the egg wrap pretty much just looks like an open-face omelette.
But the beauty is you can stuff it however you’d like to and wrap it up like a sandwich!
I mashed some avocado with lemon juice, garlic paste, salt and pepper, and spread that on the entire thing. Then I added arugula, slices of tomatoes and crumbled feta cheese. You can also add turkey bacon or breakfast sausage or cold cuts like turkey in here and they work really well.
Wrap up that egg wrap and it basically looks like a tortilla full of green yumminess on the inside. I love how customizable this recipe is, how versatile it is to your taste buds and how healthy it is to kick off your morning!
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp water
- 1 tsp flour
- Salt taste
- ½ Tbsp olive oil
- ½ avocado mashed
- 1 small garlic minced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup arugula or baby spinach
- 1 small tomato sliced
- ½ Tbsp feta cheese optional
- In a medium bowl, place the eggs, water, flour, salt and pepper; and whisk until broken up and the flour is completely dissolved.
- Heat the olive oil in a nonstick frying pan over medium . Transfer the egg mixture into the pan and spread it out evenly on the pan.
- Cook for about 3 minutes until the egg is completely set, breaking up any air bubbles that form. Carefully flip the egg over to the other side and cook for 1 more minute.
- Slide the cooked egg onto a plate.
- To make the mashed avocado spread, combine the avocado, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice and salt/pepper in a small bowl and mix well to combine.
- Spread the mashed avocado over the entire egg wrap, top it with arugula or spinach, add sliced tomatoes and feta cheese (if desired.) Roll it up tightly and then slice in half. Enjoy immediately!