This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Mediterranean Egg Wrap is the ultimate breakfast sandwich loaded with fresh and vibrant flavors and protein packed with scrambled eggs. This is a versatile recipe that you can vary with different ingredients, but this combination is definitely a winning one.
Ingredients & substitutions
- Oil: For cooking. Use olive oil or other oils like vegetable or canola.
- Spinach: Spinach is a great leafy green to add to this egg wrap for a good helping of vitamins and minerals. Wilt it quickly so that it is easy to eat. You can substitute with kale.
- Eggs: Quickly scramble the eggs and season with salt and pepper. Eggs are a great source of protein and will help to keep you feeling full.
- Tortilla: Use whole wheat tortillas for these healthy breakfast wraps, but you can also use regular or low carb ones.
- Sun-dried tomatoes: Drained of any oil, they add a great tangy flavor to each bite.
- Feta cheese: For a creamy texture and slightly briny flavor. Goat cheese would work well too or shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Red onions: Thinly sliced. Red onions are milder than yellow or white so can be enjoyed raw. Green onions would also work well.
How to make mediterranean egg wrap
- Wilt the spinach in a skillet with a little oil and set aside.
- Pour the egg into the same skillet.
- Cook and scramble before seasoning.
- Assemble the wrap with the eggs, spinach and other toppings. Wrap and cut in half to serve.
Tips & recipe notes
- Heat the tortilla so it is more pliable. Some tortillas can break apart when they are folded, heat it in the microwave just for 10 seconds, or pop in a warm oven.
- Cook the eggs well. If the eggs contain too much moisture, they can cause the tortilla to get soggy. Cook them until they are quite dry.
- Pat any excess oil from the sun-dried tomatoes with some kitchen paper. The oil can make the tortillas soggy which can lead to them breaking.
- Freeze the wrap. After you’ve added all the fillings to your wrap and rolled it tightly, cover it tightly in foil. Store it in a plastic freezer-safe container for up to 3 months.
Frequently Asked Questions
These Mediterranean egg wraps are best assembled and enjoyed straight away. For a quicker breakfast, you can cook the eggs and spinach ahead of time and keep them stored in the fridge for up to 4 days. Then, you just have to fill and wrap. You can however freeze them if you are meal prepping.
These egg wraps aren’t low carb due to the tortilla. For a similar low carb breakfast, check out this Low Carb Egg Wrap, or use a low carb tortilla wrap.
These Mediterranean egg wraps can easily be adapted to suit your taste. Swap the spinach for another green like arugula, add in other veggies like bell pepper or tomato, or try adding some turkey bacon. The choice is yours!
These Mediterranean egg wraps are one super delicious and super filling breakfast. Simple and easy, they are sure to set you up for the day.
More egg recipes
- Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs
- Vegetable Frittata
- Kale Frittata
- Veggie Stuffed Omelette
- Low Carb Egg Wrap
- Sheet Pan Eggs
- Mediterranean Frittata
If you’ve tried this healthy-ish feel good Mediterranean Egg Wrap recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
Mediterranean Egg Wrap
- 2 teaspoons olive oil divided
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 large eggs whisked
- Kosher salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 whole wheat tortilla
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- Thinly sliced red onions
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add spinach and cook until wilted, 4-5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Remove spinach and set aside.
- In same skillet, heat remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil and add egg. Mix around with a rubber spatula and cook until eggs are scrambled, 3-4 minutes. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Assemble wrap. In the center of the wrap, add eggs, spinach, sun dried tomatoes, feta, and then onions. Wrap, cut in half, and serve immediately.