Inspired by the popular Chipotle dish, this Chicken Burrito Bowl is bursting with color, flavor and nutrition - the ultimate healthy dinner any night!
We’ve all tried the burrito bowls from Chipotle by now, and there’s just something so delicious and comforting about them. While I think Chipotle holds its own in being relatively healthy-ish for a fast food company, I always, like always, opt to re-make stuff at home with more fresh ingredients and being mindful of the nutritional content. And so of course, I made my own chicken burrito bowl at home.
This Mexican-style Burrito Bowl is loaded with mixed greens, beans, corn, tomatoes, pan-seared chicken, Greek Yogurt and out-of-this-world homemade guacamole! I mean look at all those beautiful colors.
This burrito bowl is totally customizable, so you can make it your own.
Don’t like red onions? Don’t use them.
Have store-bought guacamole? Throw it on there.
Want to use brown rice instead? Do it.
Wanna try it with shrimp instead of chicken? I strongly encourage it!
Bottom line is, you just need a a version of this chicken burrito bowl in your life asap one way or another.
For more Tex Mex recipes:
- Taco Salad Meal Prep
- Grilled Fish Tacos
- Zucchini Enchiladas
- Baked Chicken Tacos
- Beef Taco Burritos
- Shrimp Fajita Bowls
If you’ve tried this feel good Chicken Burrito Bowl recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
Chicken Burrito Bowl
Cilantro Lime Rice
- 1/2 cup long grain rice
- 3/4 cup water
- 2-3 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- ½ tbsp butter
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 small ripe green tomato chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1-2 tbsp fresh cilantro finely chopped
- Juice of half lime
- 1 tbsp red onions minced
- 1/4 jalapeno pepper minced
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 6 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts, marinated in taco seasoning & olive oil, and pan-fried
- About 2 cups mixed greens
- 2 oz black beans
- 2 oz frozen corn thawed
- 1 roma tomato chopped
- 2 tbsp Greek yogurt
- Red onions minced for garnish
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- Jalapeno pepper sliced for garnish
For Cilantro Lime Rice:
- Wash the rice under cold water for a few minutes until the water runs clear.
- Heat the butter in a small sauce pan, then add the cilantro and the rice to the mixture and stir to blend for a minute.
- Add the boiling water to the small sauce pan, then let simmer on low heat for 10 minutes. When the water is dried and the rice is soft, add the lime juice and stir the rice to blend everything together.
For the Guacamole
- Scoop out the flesh of the avocado into a bowl and mash with a fork to your desired consistency.
- Add the green tomatoes, mined garlic, cilantro, lime juice, red onions, jalapeno, cumin. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and mix again until all the flavors are well blended.
To Arrange the Burrito Bowl
- In medium size bowls, divide everything in half and layer in the bowls, starting with the mixed greens. Then, add the black beans, corn, cooked rice, tomatoes, pan-seared chicken, guacamole and Greek yogurt.
- Garnish with red onions, fresh cilantro and jalapeno, if you desire
- Enjoy cold or warm!