Ground Beef Taco BurritosJump To Recipe
- Serves: 8 servings
Ground Beef Taco Burritos are a family favorite and a easy weeknight meal to throw together that is full of flavor and texture!
- Author: Yumna J.
Ground Beef Taco Burritos
When you want tacos but also want burritos – the struggle is real!
What I do is make some taco stuffing and roll it up in a big beautiful burrito, that’s over-stuffed with flavor, texture and color! The great thing about this Ground Beef Taco Burritos recipe is you can toss the ground beef with any extra vegetables you have laying around.
I kept it simple and colorful by using red and orange bell peppers and some frozen corn that I thawed. Also, if you prefer not to use ground beef, you can totally make these with ground turkey, ground chicken, or even tofu, which I’ve totes tried and totes loved!
First, I cooked up the ground beef with onions, vegetables and seasoning.
Then I put all that on a tortilla with lots of cheeeeese, and topped it with some fresh cilantro and lime juice. I also like to put some Mexican rice, but you can skip the rice if you’d prefer.
Roll that up, place it on a skillet for a couple minutes until it gets warm and crispy on the outside and nice and melted on the inside. Cut in half (to share or not to share) and devour it!
Try it, Love it, Share it!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 an onion small diced
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1 cup rice
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 can black beans rinsed/drained
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 cup red and orange bell peppers chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen corn thawed
- Cooking spray
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1 - 2 cups grated Mexican cheese blend
- Fresh cilantro
- Guacamole salsa and sour cream for serving
- In a medium sauce pan, heat the olive oil, and sauté onions with salt and pepper until translucent.
- Add the tomato paste and the rice and mix until everything is well blended together, then add 1½ cup boiling water. Add paprika, cumin and the black beans and mix everything together.
- Bring the rice mixture to a boil, then simmer on low for 15 minutes until water is all absorbed and the rice is soft. Turn off the heat and let the steam continue to cook the rice for an additional 5 minutes
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil, then add the ground beef, season with salt and pepper and cook and crumble until completely browned. Drain any grease.
- Add salsa, paprika, garlic powder, and cumin and stir to combine. Add the bell peppers and corn and stir to combine until the vegetables soften. Transfer the taco stuffing to a dish.
- Use the same large skillet used to cook the taco stuffing and spray with cooking spray,
- Lay one tortilla on a flat surface, then layer with cheese, then rice, then the taco stuffing, then another light dusting for cheese along with fresh cilantro on top, if desired.
- Starting at that end, roll the tortilla up, folding in the sides.
- Place the burrito seam side down on the greased skillet and spray the top of the burrito with cooking spray. Gently turn the burrito to the other side after 2 minutes and continue to turn until it is golden and crispy on all sides.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- Serve warm with guacamole, salsa and sour cream, if desired.