This vibrant corn salsa is full of all of your favorite Mexican flavors. Easy to make in less than 10 minutes, serve it as an appetizer with chips or as a topping on taco Tuesday.
This super quick and easy corn salsa is perfect to serve as a dip with tortillas or as a delicious topping for tacos. Loaded with vibrant Mexican flavors, it comes together in less than 10 minutes and can be made ahead of time.
How to make a quick corn salsa
- Place all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Stir to combine.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning or add more lime juice or jalapeño pepper according to taste.
Tips for making corn salsa
- User fresh corn if it’s available. When fresh sweet corn is seasonal, it really makes this recipe stand out and adds an extra level of freshness. Frozen corn works the remainder of the year when fresh isn’t accessible.
- Adjust the heat to your taste. This salsa has a slight kick to it, if you are particularly sensitive to spicy foods you can omit the chilies. Add in more if you like things extra hot!
- Customize it to your taste. If you are using fresh corn, you can grill it first to add a smokey flavor. You can also add in other ingredients like black beans, avocado or tomato.
Frequently asked questions
It’s best to not use canned corn for salsa. It doesn’t have the same texture, it can be quite soft and not have that delicious crunch. If you are really in a pinch, you can of course use canned. Just drain and rinse it well before adding to the other ingredients.
I love to serve this by itself as a dip with piles or tortilla chips. It’s great to serve alongside my guacamole. It’s also great to use as a topping on Mexican street tacos and or served on top of a chopped Mexican salad.
This salsa will keep well covered in the fridge for about 4 days. I like to let the salsa sit for at least half an hour before serving to really let the flavors develop.
- Simple Guacamole Recipe
- Tomato Bruschetta
- Pepper Nachos
- Classic Hummus
- Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Avocado Hummus Dip
- Creamy Feta Dip
- Chicken Taco Cups
- White Bean Hummus
If you’ve tried this healthy-ish feel good Corn Salsa recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
- 1 12- ounce bag of frozen sweet yellow corn defrosted and drained
- 1 4 ounce can diced chili peppers
- 1 small jalapeño seeded and diced
- ½ small white or red onion finely chopped
- ½ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Place all the ingredients together in a bowl and stir to combine. Taste and adjust the seasoning or add more lime juice or jalapeño pepper according to taste.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve with tortilla chips.