This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This super quick and easy corn salsa is perfect to serve as a dip with tortillas or as a delicious topping for tacos. Loaded with vibrant Mexican flavors, it comes together in less than 10 minutes and can be made ahead of time.
- Corn: Use frozen or fresh corn for the best flavor and texture, canned corn can often be quite soft in texture and less flavorful.
- Diced chili peppers: The canned chili peppers are fairly mild in spice and add more flavor than anything.
- Jalapeno: Dice a fresh jalapeno finely so that it’s not too overpowering and mixes in well with the other ingredients. For a spicier corn salsa, you can use a fresh green chili pepper, or omit it if you prefer things less spicy.
- Onion: You can use either a red or white onion in this recipe. Again, dice it finely so that the flavor isn’t overpowering.
- Cilantro: Cilantro is a key herb in Mexican cuisine and adds a burst of freshness to this dip. If you don’t like cilantro, you can use parsley instead so you still get a nice fresh and herby flavor.
- Lime juice: The acid in the lime juice helps to balance and blend the other flavors. Use fresh lime juice rather than bottled, the flavor is so much better. For a different taste, you could use lemon juice instead.
- Salt and pepper: Added to taste.
How to make a quick corn salsa
- Place all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Stir to combine.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning or add more lime juice or jalapeño pepper according to taste.
Tips for making THIS RECIPE
- User fresh corn if it’s available. When fresh sweet corn is seasonal, it really makes this recipe stand out and adds an extra level of freshness. Frozen corn works the remainder of the year when fresh isn’t accessible.
- Adjust the heat to your taste. This salsa has a slight kick to it, if you are particularly sensitive to spicy foods you can omit the chilies. Add in more if you like things extra hot!
- Customize it to your taste. If you are using fresh corn, you can grill it first to add a smokey flavor. You can also add in other ingredients like black beans, avocado or tomato.
- Chop the ingredients finely. This will allow everything to combine more easily so you will have a uniformed taste throughout each bite.
Frequently asked questions
It’s best to not use canned corn for salsa. It doesn’t have the same texture, it can be quite soft and not have that delicious crunch. If you are really in a pinch, you can of course use canned. Just drain and rinse it well before adding to the other ingredients.
I love to serve this by itself as a dip with piles or tortilla chips. It’s great to serve alongside my guacamole. It’s also great to use as a topping on Mexican street tacos and or served on top of a chopped Mexican salad.
This salsa will keep well covered in the fridge for about 4 days. I like to let the salsa sit for at least half an hour before serving to really let the flavors develop.
This simple corn salsa is so quick and easy to make, and if you have some fresh corn it’s a must! Perfect for dipping and it’s great to pile on to fish tacos too!
- Simple Guacamole Recipe
- Tomato Bruschetta
- Pepper Nachos
- Classic Hummus
- Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Avocado Hummus Dip
- Creamy Feta Dip
- Chicken Taco Cups
- White Bean Hummus
If you’ve tried this healthy-ish feel good Corn Salsa recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
- Place all the ingredients together in a bowl and stir to combine. Taste and adjust the seasoning or add more lime juice or jalapeño pepper according to taste.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve with tortilla chips.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate. It will vary based on cooking method and specific ingredients used.