Shrimp Avocado Bean SalsaJump To Recipe
- Serves: 6-8 servings
This Shrimp Avocado Bean Salsa is a bright, zesty & healthy recipe you can enjoy as a salad or dip with tortilla chips - perfect for super bowl snacking!
- Author: Yumna Jawad
Shrimp Avocado Bean Salsa
That struggle when it’s only one week into the new year, but you’re already thinking of yummy super bowl snacks! Well, it’s still one month away, but I want you all to be read-to-roll with the perfect recipe to take with you or serve at your own party. I’ve made this a few times and I sometimes tweak the ingredients based on what I have on hand, but the essential three ingredients are cooked shrimp, ripe avocado and some black beans. That’s where “meat” of this chunky salsa comes from. Then the flavor is all in the lime juice and the cilantro – giving it a fresh tangy kick that is seriously so addictive, especially when eaten with tortilla chips!
I’ve had leftovers of this salsa that I’ve just turned into a salad the next day. You can add some leafy greens to it or just enjoy it as a “lettuceless” salad with all vegetables, protein and amazing dressing! This shrimp avocado bean salsa has a bright and fresh taste that is perfect to add to your super bowl spread of salty snacks and rich sweets. And it’s a variation from the traditional tomato salsa so it’s a nice twist if you want to try something new! I make this during the summer to take with me to BBQ potlucks and then it resurfaces in the winter for super bowl and again in the spring as a salad. It’s low-carb, high-protein and easy effort – pretty much my hero appetizer recipe!
- 1 lb cooked shrimp (peeled/deveined)
- Juice of about 2-3 limes
- 1/2 cup canned black beans (rinsed/drained)
- 1/2 cup organic frozen corn (thawed)
- 1/4 red onion, finely diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, cored and diced (optional)
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 2 ripe avocados, diced
- Tortilla chips for serving
- Cut the shrimp into 2-3 pieces so they are bite size and place in a large bowl. Add the fresh lime juice over the shrimp and allow to marinate while preparing the remaining ingredients.
- To the bowl of shrimp, slowly add the remaining ingredients on top: black beans, corn, red onions, tomatoes, jalapeno pepper, fresh cilantro and avocado.
- Gently stir everything to combine and serve immediately or chill in the fridge.
- Serve with tortilla chips if desired.
- The lime juice will help to keep the avocado from browning.
- This will keep good in the fridge for up to 48 hours.
- The nutrition information does not include the tortilla chips