This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This delicious grilled mahi mahi is a wonderfully flavorful seafood recipe that is quick to make on an indoor or outdoor grill. Topped with a mango and avocado salsa, the mahi mahi is seasoned with spices for a colorful and vibrant dish.
How do you grill mahi mahi
- Pat the mahi mahi fillets dry. This is especially important if they were pre-frozen since they will contain extra liquid when thawed.
- Combine the seasonings in a bowl and sprinkle on top of the mahi mahi. Use your hands to coat the fish all over with the seasoning.
- Add the mahi mahi to a pre heated grill or grill pan.
- Grill until golden brown and allow to rest for a few minutes.
How do you make avocado mango salsa
- While the mahi mahi is cooking, chop and mix the ingredients for the salsa.
- Serve the grilled fillets with some of the salsa spooned over the top.
Tips for grilling mahi mahi
- Cook the fish on a clean, preheated grill. A clean grill will prevent sticking so those delicious pieces of crispy fish won’t get pulled off when you flip and remove it.
- Let the mahi mahi come to room temperature before grilling it. It will help it cook through evenly and it won’t dry out.
- Don’t flip the fillets too early. If the fish is sticking when you try to flip it, then let it cook for a little longer. The mahi mahi will release on its own when it’s ready!
- Check out my top tips for how to cut cilantro for the salsa
Frequently asked questions
Mahi mahi is a fairly mild tasting fish that has a hint of sweetness to it. It has a stronger taste than other white fish like cod but is milder than swordfish. The meat is lean, tender and firm – perfect for grilling!
Yes! I love grilling fish so that you get those wonderful crispy edges, but you can absolutely make this recipe in the oven if you prefer. Place the seasoned fish on parchment on a baking sheet and cook in a preheated oven at 400F for 10 -15 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fillets.
It’s best to serve the fish as soon as it’s cooked, or it can dry out. The salsa can be made several hours ahead of time and kept covered in the fridge.
More seafood recipes:
- Grilled Salmon
- Shrimp Skewers
- Grilled Fish Tacos
- Poached Fish in Tomato Sauce
- Air Fryer Fish and Chips
- Baked Cod in Lemon Sauce
- Salmon Burgers
If you’ve tried this healthy-ish feel good Grilled Mahi Mahi recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
Grilled Mahi Mahi with Avocado Salsa
Grilled Mahi Mahi
- 4 6 ounces mahi mahi fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil divided
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
Mango Avocado Salsa
- 1 mango chopped
- 1 avocado chopped
- ½ small red onion finely chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- Preheat gas grill or grill pan to medium heat. Pat the mahi mahi fillets dry.
- In a medium bowl, combine the olive oil, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper. Add the mahi mahi on top and use Use your hands to coat the fish well with the seasoning.
- Grill the mahi mahi until golden, about 4 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate to allow to rest for a few minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the ingredients for the mango avocado salsa. Scoop the salsa over the mahi mahi and serve.