This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
If you’re looking for fresh and fun Halloween food ideas, you should try this Frankenguac! Is there really any other way to serve guacamole during Halloween? This is sure to be a hit with kids and adults alike. And the best part is you don’t need to be super crafty and don’t need a lot of ingredients!
How to make Frankenguac
Start by making your favorite guacamole. Or you can use my simple guacamole recipe below. Mash 3 ripe avocados. Add onions, garlic, cilantro, red onions, cumin, salt and pepper. Mix and combine.
Now that you have the guacamole recipe done, you can shape the Frankeguac. Spoon the guacamole into a square or rectangle shape on a flat surface that you’ll use to serve it for Halloween. Use a spatula and paper towel to form the shape, but don’t worry if it’s not perfect.
Once you form the shape of his Halloween guacamole, you can start to decorate. Below is a list of what I used and substitutions I would recommend.
- Use sour cream for the eye balls. You can also use Greek yogurt, small white cheese cut into circles or sliced cucumbers.
- Use black beans for the eye pupils. You can also use olives.
- Use kalamata olives for the scars, nose and the ears. The trick is to use a small sharp knife and slice them into super thin and long pieces. I actually used Moroccan olives that were very large and wrinkly. You can also pipe refried beans from a small hole in a plastic bag to draw on the scars on Frankenguac.
- Use blue corn tortilla chips for the hair. You can also use spinach tortilla chips or pita chips.
Frequently asked questions
How do I keep the guacamole from browning?
Don’t skip the lime juice. It helps slow down the browning process. If you’d like to store the Frankenguac in the fridge, cover it with a piece of plastic wrap pressed on top of the guacamole so it is touching it. This usually prevents it from browning. If some browning does occur, just scrape the browned layer off and serve. It’s best to make and decorate immediately before serving though.
How do you create the Frankenguac shape?
It’s easier to scoop from the bowl you use to make the guacamole onto a clean long surface. Then use a spatula to slowly shape the face and clean the sides with a damp paper towel.
For more Halloween food:
Frankenguac is sure to steal the spotlight at your Halloween spread. It’s a healthy, delicious appetizer that everyone will love and a great conversation piece. Best part is you can use your own guacamole recipe or even store bought guacamole to make it even faster.
If you’ve tried this healthy-ish feel good Frankenguac / Halloween Guacamole recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
- 3 avocados halved and peeled
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ cup onions finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- Tortilla chips for decorating and serving
- Sour cream for decorating
- Black olives sliced thinly, for decorating
- Place avocado and lime juice in a large bowl and mash together with the back of a fork. Season with salt and cumin and continue to mash together. Fold in the onions, cilantro and garlic.
- Spread guacamole into rectangular shape and decorate with tortilla chips, sour cream and olives.