Eggs in a loaf is a sure-fire breakfast winner and you can use whatever ingredients you already have on hand! No need to run to the store with a list gathering ingredients this time. Prepare to be called things like genius or amazing when you whip up this Vegetarian Baked Eggs in a Loaf for family breakfast. And hey, if you want something a little more hearty go ahead and add some meat to the mix for a done-up meatlovers version of this creative crowd-pleasing egg dish. The best part? Prep the vegetables and whisk the eggs in advance and bake when ready! No muss, no fuss.
Prep time only takes 10 minutes which is ah-mazing for an any-day-of-the-week meal and you know you’re feeding your loved one’s serious health fuel for their busy day ahead. Eggs are a true superfood loaded with good cholesterol, Vitamin B, selenium, choline and high-quality protein amongst other things. Choline plays a role in building cell membranes but it’s suggested that over 90% of American’s don’t get enough choline in their diets! That’s a lot of people. So, moral of the story is… eat more eggs in a loaf.
Try it, Love it, Share it!
- 1 loaf sourdough bread
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp 2% milk
- 2 tbsp chopped bell peppers
- 2 tbsp chopped mushrooms
- 1 tbsp chopped red onions
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella divided in half
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Cut a rectangle shape in the top of the bread without cutting all the way through the bottom. Then scoop out the inside of the bread.
- In medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Season with salt and pepper, then whisk in the veggies and half the cheese.
- Transfer the mixture into the hole of loaf of bread, top with remaining cheese, then place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350F for 25-30 minutes or until the eggs are set. When it's done, top with fresh parsley, cut into slices and enjoy!