This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Scrambled Eggs with Cottage Cheese – a high protein and low carb breakfast that is fluffy, creamy, and delicious, the perfect eggs to start your day. If you love cottage cheese and scrambled eggs, then you’re going to love them mixed together! The cottage cheese adds a great texture to the eggs and adds a bit of creaminess. Plus, it’s easy to make – just follow the steps below to create a batch of Scrambled Eggs with Cottage Cheese that will keep you satisfied all morning long.
Table of Contents
- Why you’ll love this cottage cheese scramble egg recipe
- Ingredients to make Scrambled Eggs with Cottage Cheese
- How to make Scrambled Eggs with Cottage Cheese
- Tips for making the best cottage cheese scrambled eggs
- Popular substitutions & additions
- How to store & reheat Scrambled Eggs with Cottage Cheese
- Frequently asked questions
- More egg recipes:
- Scrambled Eggs with Cottage Cheese Recipe
Why you’ll love this cottage cheese scramble egg recipe
- Double the protein. Adding cottage cheese to your scrambled eggs packs a serious protein punch. The addition of full-fat cottage cheese adds 6g of protein per serving, while the eggs add 12g, so you’ll be full and energized all morning long.
- Texture. Scrambled eggs can sometimes turn out dry, but adding cottage cheese helps make them extra fluffy and creamy.
- Easy to make. It only takes minutes to whip up this delicious breakfast! All you need is eggs, cottage cheese, salt, pepper, and a sprinkle of your favorite herbs if desired.
- Something different. Not only is this a great way to get more protein in your morning meal, but it’s also a fun and tasty variation of scrambled eggs.
Ingredients to make Scrambled Eggs with Cottage Cheese
- Eggs: To make 2 servings, you’ll want to use 4 large eggs.
- Cottage Cheese: Full-fat cottage cheese is best for this recipe. It’s higher in protein and adds a creamier texture to the eggs.
- Butter: This will help your scrambled eggs cook more evenly and keep them from sticking to the pan.
- Seasoning: I kept it simple in this recipe with just a bit of salt and pepper.
How to make Scrambled Eggs with Cottage Cheese
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, salt, and pepper. Stir in the cottage cheese.
- Heat the butter in a medium-sized skillet. Carefully pour the whisked eggs and cottage cheese mixture into the center of the pan and allow them to cook without stirring.
- When the edges start to set, use a spatula to push the cooked eggs on the outer edges toward the center of the pan.
- Continue cooking, gently pushing the cooked eggs towards the center every few seconds until the eggs are almost cooked through, with a little liquid egg remaining.
Tips for making the best cottage cheese scrambled eggs
- Rely more on the look than the time. Because cottage cheese brands have different levels of moisture, the time range in the direction below is a suggestion. I recommend swirling the pan around to ensure there’s no more leftover liquid because it’s hard to tell if the liquid is from the cottage cheese or the eggs.
- Choose the right pan. A good nonstick skillet is a must when making eggs. The butter will help ensure your eggs don’t stick, but it’s still important to use a pan that is nonstick for best results.
- Don’t overcook. To keep the eggs fluffy and creamy, you’ll want to pull them off the heat when they are still soft and slightly wet looking.
- Don’t add milk or water. If you like to add a splash of liquid to your scrambled eggs skip it. The cottage cheese has enough moisture to replace any liquid you would usually add.
Popular substitutions & additions
- Add more cheese. Even though there’s cottage cheese in these scrambled eggs, you can swap some of it for other types of cheese like shredded cheddar or mozzarella.
- Chop some vegetables to add. You can fold in any vegetables here, like mushrooms, red peppers, olives, tomatoes, or red onions, for example.
- Add herbs. Feel free to spice up your scrambled eggs with a sprinkle of fresh herbs. Chopped parsley, chives, basil, or thyme, are all fantastic additions.
- Replace the butter with olive oil. Olive oil is a healthy alternative to butter if you prefer it.
How to store & reheat Scrambled Eggs with Cottage Cheese
Storing: You can store your scrambled eggs with cottage cheese in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Reheating: To reheat, place the eggs in a covered skillet over medium-low heat and cook until warmed through. Be sure not to overcook them, as this will make them dry out.
Frequently asked questions
Yes, it’s possible to use egg whites only for this recipe. The texture will be slightly different than if you use whole eggs, but they’ll still taste great! Keep in mind the nutritional information listed on the recipe will change if you use egg whites only.
Your scrambled eggs are done when they are soft and slightly wet looking. You should not see any clear egg whites remaining.
If your eggs turned out dry and rubbery, you likely cooked them at too high of a temperature or overcooked them. Be sure to cook on medium heat and remove the eggs from the pan before they are completely set. They will continue to cook a bit as they sit in the pan after removing it from the heat.
Scrambled eggs with cottage cheese is a delicious and easy breakfast that can be enjoyed any day of the week! Even if you or someone you know isn’t a fan of cottage cheese, this recipe is sure to win them over. With the addition of butter, seasoning, and any mix-ins you like, these eggs are sure to become a family favorite!
More egg recipes:
- Hard-Boiled Eggs in the Air Fryer
- Veggie Omelet
- Sweet Potatoe Huevos Rancheros
- Easy Scrambled Eggs
- Souffle Omelette
- Pesto Eggs
- Low Carb Egg Wrap
- Broccoli and Cheese Quiche
- Mediterranean Frittata
- Baked Avocado Eggs
If you try this feel good Scrambled Eggs with Cottage Cheese recipe or any other recipe on Feel Good Foodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave a comment below! It helps others who are thinking of making the recipe. We would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots, share it on Instagram so we can repost on Stories!
Scrambled Eggs with Cottage Cheese
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, salt and pepper. Stir in the cottage cheese.
- Heat the butter over medium heat in a medium skillet.
- Carefully pour the whisked eggs and cottage cheese mixture into the center of the pan and allow them to cook without stirring.
- When the edges start to set, use a spatula to push the cooked eggs on the outer edges toward the center of the pan. Continue cooking over medium heat, gently pushing the cooked eggs towards the center every few seconds until the eggs are almost cooked through, with a little liquid egg remaining. Total cook time will be about 3-5 minutes.
- Serve with chives, tomatoes and toast if desired.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate. It will vary based on cooking method and specific ingredients used.