This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This peanut butter jelly yogurt is exactly what it sounds like – a snack made with peanut butter, jelly and yogurt! It doesn’t get any easier than mixing the three together in a bowl and eating on its own or on top of rice cakes, waffles or oatmeal!
Ingredients & substitutions
- Peanut butter: Use creamy peanut butter for a smooth texture. But you can definitely use crunchy if you prefer that.
- Jelly: Strawberry jam and peanut butter work so well together. You can use other flavored jams like grape or blueberry as well.
- Yogurt: Use a full fat yogurt for the best flavor and texture. A vanilla flavored yogurt adds a nice hint of sweetness, though you can use plain.
- Other ingredients: Think about how you’ll be serving it, for example on top of rice cakes, waffles or oatmeal. Add more texture to it by adding fresh fruit and nuts.
How to make peanut butter jelly
- Stir the yogurt, peanut butter and jelly together in a bowl and enjoy! It’s as simple as that!
Tips for making the recipe
- Use full fat yogurt. Full fat yogurt contains less moisture than reduced fat varieties, so it holds well together when mixed with peanut butter and jelly without separating.
- Don’t use a natural peanut butter. The oils in natural peanut butter can separate, so it’s best to avoid this or it can end up tasting quite oily in parts.
- Customize it. Think about mixing in some protein powder into the yogurt for more protein or adding cinnamon for a warm flavor or even maple syrup to sweeten it to your taste.
- Make a big batch to use for snacking and breakfast. You can double or triple the recipe and keep the mixture together in a tupperware for up to a week. This makes it easy to add it to your breakfast or to enjoy as a quick snack.
Frequently asked questions
If not eating straight away, either cover the bowl with plastic wrap or place into an airtight container to keep it fresh for up to 7 days.
Yes, if you make a big batch of this peanut butter jelly yogurt, you can definitely freeze it, and it will keep well for up to 3 months. Just let it sit at room temperature for a few minutes so that it’s soft enough to eat.
This is perfect to spread on rice crackers with toppings of fresh strawberries and crunchy peanuts, and it’s also great served as a fruit dip as well with slices of apple. It’s totally enjoyable to eat it straight out of the bowl for a simple, quick and filling breakfast.
This peanut butter jelly yogurt is perfect for breakfasts, snacks and desserts. It’s an amazingly delicious recipe that’s so quick and easy to make, and it’s perfect for kids of all ages.
More kid friendly snacks:
If you’ve tried this healthy-ish feel good Peanut Butter Jelly Yogurt recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave a comment below! It helps others who are thinking of making the recipe. We would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots, share it on Instagram so we can repost on Stories!
Peanut Butter Jelly Yogurt
- In a small bowl, stir together the yogurt, peanut butter and strawberry jam to create swirls in the yogurt or you can even stir until no lumps remain.
- Enjoy the mixture on its own or spoon it on top of rice cakes, waffles or oatmeal. Top with peanuts and fresh strawberries, if desired.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate. It will vary based on cooking method and specific ingredients used.