5-Ingredient Raw Almond JoyJump To Recipe
- Serves: 12 pieces
These 5-Ingredient Raw Almond Joy bites are so light, tasty and easy to make. You an whip them in minutes and store them for weeks!
- Author: Yumna Jawad
5-Ingredient Raw Almond Joy
I like to keep it simple. Simple ingredients equals healthier choices (because we can actually pronounce everything we’re putting in our bodies!) If you were to go to the store right now and purchase an Almond Joy, you’ll see unfamiliar ingredients on the label like, Sodium Metabisulfite and Sulfur Dioxide. And the leading ingredient? Corn syrup.
No thank you.
What about making your own 5-Ingredient Raw Almond Joy at home for you and the fam to enjoy on the regular? Put them together in about five minutes and store them in the fridge for weeks! Stress less and impress.
The only pro tip you need is: buy pitted dates. It makes it a lot easier to put these bad boys together. Slice the date down the middle like you’re making a boat and then slather the coconut mixture in the middle.
Dates have a unique nutritional profile, full of potassium, fiber, and important minerals like manganese, magnesium, copper and iron. Plus, they contain phenols which are really important fighters of free radicals (this means they are awesome antioxidants). Pretty sure store-bought Almond Joy’s won’t fight for your health!
Try it, Love it, Share it!
- 12 medjool dates
- 12 raw almonds
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- In a small bowl, mix shredded coconut, coconut oil and maple syrup until mixture is sticky (you can add a couple drops of water to help)
- Slit dates in half lengthwise and remove pits
- Spoon coconut mixture into dates and top with an almond
- Enjoy as is or store in fridge in airtight container for up to 2 weeks.