This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These healthy Almond Joy Bars are the perfect sweet snack. Quick and simple to make, they are a great homemade version made with only five ingredients. The recipe makes 36 so they’re great to prep and ahead and enjoy for weeks!
Almond Joy was a favorite growing up and this simplified homemade almond joy tastes so similar but with a fraction of the ingredients. They’re vegan, gluten-free, and require no baking or special equipment!
why you’ll love Making Homemade Almond Joy bites
- No baking required! Just make and eat!
- Bite-sized to help curb that sweet tooth and help with portion control.
- Delicious to eat at room temperature or straight from the freezer, too!
ingredients to make This almond joy recipe
- Unsweetened shredded coconut – Using unsweetened really is important otherwise the flavor will be too sweet once done.
- Coconut oil – I love using coconut oil because it just adds such a nice and light coconut flavoring. It also pairs with the honey really well. Use unrefined coconut oil so it has the rich taste of coconut.
- Honey – A natural sweetener, honey is perfect for enhancing the flavor of these treats. The honey also does a great job of being the binding agent to hold together all the ingredients on the inside of the almond joys.
- Raw almonds – You’ll love the crunch that the raw almonds give these sweet treats! You can even double up the almonds for each almond joy bite.
- Baking chocolate – You’ll want to be sure that you’re using baking chocolate or chocolate bars so that it melts smoothly and covers the pieces.
How to make almond joy bars
- Add the shredded coconut, coconut oil, and honey to a large bowl.
- Mix the ingredients until they’re well combined.
- Press the mixture into a baking pan that is lined with parchment paper.
- Line up the almonds to put three across and six down. Each almond indicates an almond joy bite.
- Chill in the fridge, then cut into 36 pieces.
- Dip each piece into the melted chocolate using a fork, then place them on parchment paper to set.
tips for making homemade almond joy
- Use a food processor for better hold. To mix the coconut, melted coconut oil and honey, you can use a food processor which will make the ingredients more compact for easier packing and better presentation. This is just optional though.
- Don’t use chocolate chips. Chocolate chips have an ingredient that prevents them from melting quickly. You want to use a chocolate bar or baker’s chocolate which melts more quickly and is perfect for coating the raw almond joys.
- Line your pan with parchment paper so that the homemade almond joys don’t stick to the surface. It’s so easy to release with the parchment paper and there’s no clean-up this way!
- Dip the almond joy bites into chocolate using a fork. The fork allows the excess chocolate to drip back into the bow so that you’re not wasting any and can reuse it for the other pieces.
how long do homemade almond joys last
As long as you store these almond joy treats properly, they’ll last in the fridge for several weeks without issue. (I highly doubt that they’ll last that long!)
how do you store Almond Joy Bars
The key to keeping this homemade almond joy dessert as fresh as possible for as long as possible is to store them in the fridge in an airtight container. Keeping the air out is key.
frequently asked questions
You can, just know that to be considered a true “almond joy”, typically milk chocolate is used. However, don’t let that stifle your cooking creativity! If you want to make dark chocolate almond joy or a white chocolate almond joy dessert, go for it! Variety is a good thing when it comes to chocolate!
Absolutely. Just add the pieces of Almond Joy to a freezer-safe container or bag and store them in the freezer. My tip for you when it comes to freezing desserts is to freeze them in portion sizes. That way, you can just unthaw a few at a time to enjoy rather than all of them at once.
Yes. You can buy roasted almonds or just toast them in the oven, let them cool, and then add them to the recipe.
Once you realize how simple and easy it is to make homemade almond joys, you’re never ever going to go back to store-bought again! I love having these on hand to curb my sweet tooth when it hits so that I can have a little nibble!
more no-bake snacks
- Chocolate Coconut Balls
- No Bake Pumpkin Balls
- No Bake Samoa Bars
- No Bake Energy Bites
- 28 Easy No Bake Desserts
- Easy Protein Balls – 4 Ways
If you try this healthy-ish feel good Almond Joy Bars recipe or any other recipe on Feel Good Foodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave a comment below! It helps others who are thinking of making the recipe. We would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots, share it on Instagram so we can repost on Stories!
This Almond Joy Bars recipe was originally published on March 26, 2017. The recipe has been modified and the post now includes new step-by-step photos for how to make the bars.
Almond Joy Bars
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Mix the shredded coconut, melted coconut oil and honey in a large bowl until well combined and sticky.
- Press the mixture into the prepared pan. Line the almonds evenly across the filling in 3 rows of 6. Press lightly to secure.
- Chill in the refrigerator until completely firm, at least 2 hours or overnight
- Once solid, lift from the pan using the parchment paper, and use a very sharp knife to cut into 18 equal squares.
- Use a fork to dip each bar into the melted chocolate. Allow any excess chocolate to drip and place back on the parchment paper.
- Refrigerate again until the chocolate sets, about 30 minutes. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate. It will vary based on cooking method and specific ingredients used.