This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
No Bake Pumpkin Balls are a great way to welcome fall and all things pumpkin! This recipe is also a great way to use up ½ a cup of canned pumpkin you may have leftover from another recipe. For more pumpkin recipes try my Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread, my Pumpkin Bars!
These pumpkin spice balls are made with pure, simple, superfood ingredients that are actually good for you, so it makes for a great mid-day snack or even dessert!
How do you make pumpkin balls?
Mix the dry ingredients first: oat flour, rolled oats, pumpkin spice and cane sugar. Then add the wet ingredients: almond butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract and canned pumpkin. Then mix everything together, roll them into cute bliss balls and then coat them however you’d like.
Tips for making pumpkin balls
- Heat the almond butter to make it easier to stir. If you’re using very stiff almond butter without a lot of oil, it may help to heat it up so it’s more liquid in form for mixing in.
- Adjust the sweetness to your taste. Since the recipe is no-bake, you can add more cane sugar and remove it all together based on your preference.
- Test a small amount before rolling the rest. Make sure a small amount feels like dough – not too sticky and not too dry. That will make them easier to roll.
- Make sure toppings are finely crushed. Walnuts, coconut and cacao nibs will need to be crushed finely for rolling. That will make them adhere better to the pumpkin balls.
The great thing about this pumpkin ball recipe is all the ingredients are gluten free, so it feels light but energizing. It’s also paleo-friendly and vegan so it’s an all around healthy snack that will make you feel good!
For more pumpkin recipes:
- Healthy Pumpkin Pancakes
- Pumpkin Bars
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Pumpkin Pasta with Crispy Sage
If you make this healthy-ish feelgood No-Bake Pumpkin Balls recipe, please be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
No-Bake Pumpkin Balls
- 1 ¾ cups gluten-free oat flour or grind oats in blender until flour-like
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoon cane sugar optional
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ cup almond butter or other nut butter of choice
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup pumpkin puree or pumpkin pie puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Shredded coconut cacao nibs and crushed walnuts for coating
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oat flour, rolled oats, cane sugar and pumpkin pie spice, and mix well. Add the almond butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract and canned pumpkin.
- Mix well until a firm texture is formed. If it needs more moisture, add a tablespoon of canned pumpkin, and if it is too moist, you can add a tablespoon of oat flour.
- Using a spring-loaded cookie scoop or your hands to form the batter into small bite sized balls. Makes about 12-15.
- Roll balls in optional coatings (shredded coconut, chopped walnuts and cacao nibs). Enjoy immediately or refrigerate for 10 minutes to firm up.
- For paleo option, substitute the rolled oats and oat flour with ¾ cup coconut flour
- The cane sugar can be eliminated, especially if you are using pumpkin pie puree which is usually already sweetened