Vegan Chocolate Covered Coconut BallsJump To Recipe
- Serves: 20 coconut balls
Vegan Chocolate Covered Coconut Balls that are made with simple raw ingredients that come together in a sweet dessert that tastes like the Bounty bar!
- Author: Yumna Jawad
Vegan Chocolate Covered Coconut Balls
Holy chocolate. These Vegan Chocolate Covered Coconut Balls are the perfect creation for those of you out there with an unquenchable sweet tooth and a desire to not betray your healthy diet.
These pop-em-in-your-mouth treats are made with simple raw ingredients that come together in a sweet dessert that tastes like the Bounty bar! Better yet, every ingredient works for you and not against you.
Protein and fiber? Check. Important minerals like copper, manganese, and phosphorus? Check. Folic acid and potassium? Check. Healthy cholesterol for a happy heart? Check. Yeah, you’re not going to find a dessert as jam packed with nutrients and flavor as these little guys. Bon appetit!
Try it, Love it, Share it!
- 1 cup cashews
- 3 cups shredded coconut
- 1 tsp vanilla extract, divided
- 4 tbsp maple syrup, divided
- Dash sea salt
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- In a food processor, blend cashews and shredded coconut until mixture is finely chopped
- Add the vanilla extract and 2 tbsp of the maple syrup and blend more until mixture is slightly sticky.
- Form mixture into balls and freeze for 20 minutes
- In a small bowl, mix cocoa powder, coconut oil and maple syrup to make chocolate sauce.
- When the cashew coconut balls are frozen, dip them into the chocolate sauce making sure to cover them entirely; set aside on dish lined with parchment paper.
- Freeze again for about 20 minutes to set the chocolate sauce.