This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Souffle Omelette? Sounds so fancy and it certainly looks fancy, but you can easily whip up this recipe in minutes and enjoy a unique breakfast experience.
I recently received the Half Baked Harvest Cookbook and I was instantly obsessed with this cookbook. It’s visually appealing with all the stunning photography and the recipes each have such a creative touch that makes them unique and so tempting to try. I’ve already marked like 17 recipes that I’m excited to make!
The first recipe I started with from the Half Baked Harvest Cookbook is this Souffle Omelette with Spinach, Artichokes and Brie because first of all, I’ve never made a souffle omelette before so that was intriguing for me; and second of all, I’ve never added fruit to my omelettes before. So it was a new culinary experience for me and I loved it!
Instead of traditional omelettes where the egg whites and egg yolks are mixed together, the key here is to separate the whites from the yolks. I whipped the egg whites using my hand mixer until they literally became cloudlike. And then I folded the yolks into the egg whites. After that, I added the cheese, artichokes and spinach. You can pretty much add whatever toppings you want, fold it over and you’ve got yourself the lightest, airiest, fluffiest, yummiest omelettes!
If you’re not a fan of the toppings like artichokes, brie or spinach, you can throw in there any there any other ingredients like mushrooms, green peppers, tomatoes, turkey bacon, cheddar cheese, onions, kale…whatever you like to put on your omelette! I loved this combination though…I felt like I was dining at a fancy restaurant. That’s what you get for making souffle omelette, after all!
I hope you love this healthy-ish feelgood Souffle Omelette recipe. If you make it, please leave me a comment telling me how you like it, or use hashtag #feelgoodfoodie on Instagram so I can see your recreations.
For some other amazing egg recipes, try these:
This post has been updated to include a video tutorial.
- 3 large eggs separated
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup marinated artichokes quartered
- Handful of baby spinach
- 2 oz Brie cheese thinly sliced (rind on or off)
- Honey for drizzling
- Fresh blueberries for serving
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, milk and a pinch each of kosher salt and pepper until combined.
- In a large bowl, using a handheld mixer, beat the egg whites until they hold stiff peaks, about 1-2 minutes. Using a spatula, gently fold the egg whites into the yolk mixture until just combined. It is okay if the mixture is not completely smooth, just be careful not to deflate the whites.
- In a 10-12 inch skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the egg mixture and cook without moving until the top of the egg just beings to set, about 4 minutes.
- Add the artichokes, spinach and Brie to one side (or all) of the omelet, cover the skillet, and cook for 3-4 minutes until the cheese just begins to melt. Carefully fold over the empty side of the omelet to enclose the filling and cook for 1 more minute.
- Remove the pan from the heat and slide the omelet onto a plate.
- Drizzle the omelet with honey and top with blueberries