This quick Mixed Berry Smoothie is made with frozen strawberries, raspberries and blackberries, blended with banana, yogurt, almond milk and almond butter!
The Mixed Berry Smoothie is easy-to-make, healthy and refreshing — a total triple threat with three types of berries. Whip up this breakfast of champions in just five minutes. Between the berries and the almond-based ingredients this invigorating frozen berry smoothie is high in fiber, antioxidants, protein, vitamins and minerals. It’s a total superfood in a cup!
Ingredients to make mixed berry smoothie
- Mixed berries: You can use fresh or frozen mixed berries, but I prefer to use frozen since they give the drink a thick and creamy texture without using ice. The berries add lots of Vitamin C to this smoothie recipe.
- Bananas: Again, you can use fresh or frozen bananas, but it’s easier on the blender if not all the fruit is frozen.
- Greek Yogurt: It adds creaminess and a good source of protein to the mixed berry smoothie. But you can substitute more milk or a vegan yogurt if you prefer.
- Almond Butter: This is a great option for adding extra fat and fiber to the smoothie. Nut butters can really enrich the nutrition of a smoothie to make them more satiating.
- Milk: You can use any kind of milk that you’d like or you can even use water if you’d prefer. You just need some liquid to get the blender going.
Put all of the ingredients into a high speed blender and blend until smooth. Taste the smoothie and add more mixed berries if it’s too thin or additional milk if it is too thick. You can also add some sweetener if you prefer it to be sweeter. The recipe makes enough for two 12 ounce cups, which is what’s pictured.
What better way to level up your health than with a fresh and delicious meal-in-a-glass! Frozen banana, almond butter and almond milk add the perfect amount of creaminess with a zest of nutty flavor to my family-adored triple berry smoothie.
Spruce things up by adding granola and/or fresh fruit at the top and then dive in with a spoon. There are no rules here, get creative and make it your own!
Tips to make this berry smoothie
- Use frozen berries to make the smoothie. This eliminates the need to use ice which can dilute the drink. It also helps to make the mixed berry smoothie extra smooth and creamy.
- Use a high speed blender. There’s nothing worse than drinking a smoothie and getting a banana chunk in your mouth. If you don’t have a high speed blender, I recommend stirring it every once in a while with a long spoon and blending for an extra 1 minute.
- Use any milk you like in this recipe. I like to use almond milk, but you can use any dairy or plant based milk you have available.
Frequently asked questions
Can you make this mixed berry smoothie ahead of time?
For the best flavor and color, this smoothie is best enjoyed as soon as it is made. If you can’t have it right away, cover it and keep it in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
How long should you blend a smoothie for?
Blend all of the ingredients for about 60 seconds so that all of the ingredients are broken up and well combined. If you are using a low speed blender, you may need to blend it for an additional minute.
Can you use overripe bananas in this smoothie?
I actually prefer to use overripe bananas in smoothies. They have much more natural sweetness and flavor as well as being higher in antioxidants than just ripe ones. I often freeze overripe bananas so they are ready to use in smoothies!
For more healthy smoothies:
- Strawberry Mango Smoothie
- Mango Banana Smoothie
- Orange Pomegranate Smoothie
- Banana Berry Smoothie
- Pitaya Smoothie
This is such a delicious berry smoothie recipe bursting with flavor, and it’s a great breakfast to make when you are running short on time. That color is pretty special too!
If you’ve tried this healthy-ish feel good Mixed Berry Smoothie recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
Mixed Berry Smoothie
- 2 cups frozen mixed berries
- 2 bananas
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 cups almond milk
- Place all the ingredients in a high-speed blender, and blend for 60-120 seconds until you get a smooth and creamy texture.
- Taste the smoothie, adding more milk if it is too thick or adding more sweetener if it’s not sweet enough for you. Pour into a cup or mason jar. Enjoy immediately, or store in fridge for up to 24 hours.
- Instead of almond milk, you can use any other plant-based milk to keep this vegan, or use regular or 2% milk