This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Looking for a delicious and nutritious way to start your day? This mango kiwi smoothie with chia seeds is refreshing and bright! Made with fresh fruit, coconut milk, a splash of lime, and chia seeds, this smoothie is packed with vitamin C, antioxidants, and healthy omega-3 fatty acids. It’s also a great source of fiber and protein. Enjoy this smoothie as a quick and easy breakfast, or blend it up for an energizing mid-day snack!
I absolutely love smoothies! Not only are they versatile, but they make a great snack or meal replacement. For me, they are an easy way to pack in a ton of nutrition and help me get my day started right! When I am feeling in need of something filling yet bright, this mango kiwi smoothie is just perfect. It’s full of flavor and will give you the energy you need to power through your day.
Table of Contents
- Why you’ll love this mango smoothie with chia seeds
- Ingredients to make a Mango Kiwi Smoothie
- How to make a kiwi mango smoothie with coconut milk
- Tips for making a mango kiwi smoothie
- popular substitutions & additions
- how to store leftover smoothies
- Frequently asked questions
- More smoothie recipes:
- Mango Kiwi Smoothie Recipe
Why you’ll love this mango smoothie with chia seeds
- Delicious. The simple flavors of ripe mango and kiwi come together in this smoothie to create an incredibly refreshing yet satisfying drink. The lime adds a pop of acidity, really rounding out the flavors in this smoothie.
- Chia seeds are a nutritional powerhouse. These tiny seeds are packed with antioxidants, omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, and protein. They also contain various vitamins and minerals to help keep you healthy and energized.
- Easy to make. This smoothie is incredibly easy to whip up, making it perfect for busy mornings or lazy afternoons. All you need is a blender, some fresh fruit, and chia seeds. Just blend everything together and enjoy!
- Kid-friendly! This smoothie is sure to be a hit with the kids. With no added sugar or dairy, it’s also a healthy option for them.
Ingredients to make a Mango Kiwi Smoothie
- Mango: You want to make sure you use a ripe mango for the best flavor. You can tell a mango is ripe when it is slightly soft and fragrant.
- Kiwi: You can use any variety of kiwis for this smoothie.
- Coconut Milk (or other non-dairy milk): Coconut milk gives the smoothie a creamy texture, but you can also use almond or cashew milk.
- Chia Seeds: Chia seeds are a nutritious addition to any smoothie. You can find them in the organic section of most grocery stores.
- Lime Juice: The lime juice adds an extra layer of flavor to the smoothie and helps balance out the sweetness from the mango and kiwi.
- Ice: If you’re using frozen fruits, you can skip the ice. If not, ice helps thicken the smoothie and gives it a refreshingly cold texture.
How to make a kiwi mango smoothie with coconut milk
- Place all the ingredients in a high-speed blender.
- Blend until you get a smooth and creamy texture.
Tips for making a mango kiwi smoothie
- Keep the kiwi in its skin. You might notice the color of this smoothie is not so vibrant but has brownish hints to it. That’s because I use the whole kiwi with its edible peel to make the smoothie. This adds more fiber and nutrients without dealing with the texture.
- Prepare the mango. Make sure to cut off the peel and discard any pieces of seed before adding the mango to your blender.
- Use cold ingredients. This will help keep the smoothie nice and icy cold, perfect for a hot summer day!
- Add more ice if necessary. If you find that your smoothie is too thin, add more ice cubes until you reach the desired texture.
popular substitutions & additions
- Add in some greens. Spinach and kale are both great options to add more nutrition to this smoothie.
- Incorporate nut butter or protein powder. These additions will make the smoothie more filling and boost your energy levels.
- Use frozen mango. If you don’t have fresh mango, frozen mango works great as well. Just be sure to add a bit more coconut milk or water to the smoothie if it’s too thick and you can skip the ice in this case.
- Try other fruits. You can use any combination of fruits in place of the kiwi and mango for this smoothie. Try adding pineapple, papaya, or strawberries.
how to store leftover smoothies
Ideally, you want to only make enough smoothie for one or two servings. However, if you have any leftovers, store them in a tightly sealed container or jar in the refrigerator.
You can also freeze your smoothie in an ice cube tray. Once frozen, remove the cubes and place them in a freezer bag for easy access whenever you need a quick smoothie.
how long will smoothies last in the fridge?
Depending on what ingredients you used, your smoothie should last up to 24 hours in the refrigerator. Be sure to give it a good shake or stir before drinking, as some of the ingredients may have settled on the bottom.
Frequently asked questions
Absolutely! I am a huge fan of making freezer smoothie packs. Just omit the lime (or use lime zest) and coconut milk until you’re ready to blend.
I love my Vitamix blender! That being said, you can use a regular blender if that’s what you have on hand. Using a high-speed blender does have its advantages when it comes to making smoothies; commercial blenders are also best if you have access to them.
At about 310 calories per serving, this smoothie is a great option for breakfast. Due to its high fiber content, it will keep you full until lunch.
Enjoy your Mango Kiwi Smoothie! This delicious, healthy smoothie is sure to be a hit with the whole family. With a few simple ingredients and minimal preparation time, you can enjoy this energizing drink anytime! Don’t forget to experiment with different fruits, nut butters, and greens for endless combinations of flavors and nutrition. Happy blending!
More smoothie recipes:
- Mixed Berry Smoothie
- Mango Banana Smoothie
- Orange Pomegranate Smoothie
- Banana Berry Smoothie
- Pitaya Smoothie
- Banana Smoothie with Dates
- Pineapple Mango Smoothie
- Protein Strawberry Smoothie
- Creamy Pina Colada Smoothie
- Pomegranate Strawberry Smoothie
If you try this feel good Mango Kiwi Smoothie recipe or any other recipe on Feel Good Foodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave a comment below! It helps others who are thinking of making the recipe. We would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots, share it on Instagram so we can repost on Stories!
This Mango Kiwi Smoothie was originally published on August 24, 2017. The recipe has not been modified, but the post now includes new step-by-step photos for how to make the smoothie recipe.
Mango Kiwi Smoothie
- 1 large mango sliced
- 2 kiwis with skin
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ½ cup ice cubes
- Place all the ingredients in a high-speed blender, and blend for 60-120 seconds until you get a smooth and creamy texture.
- Taste the smoothie, adding more milk if it is too thick or adding more sweetener if it’s not sweet enough for you. Pour into a cup or mason jar. Enjoy immediately, or store in fridge for up to 24 hours.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate. It will vary based on cooking method and specific ingredients used.