This strawberry banana smoothie is made with only a few blended ingredients. It's a classic smoothie recipe that's sweet, nutritious and perfect for summer!
This strawberry banana smoothie is a classic smoothie that’s made with simple fresh ingredients. It’s sweet, creamy, refreshing, and the perfect way to use up seasonal strawberries in the summer! Enjoy it for breakfast, as a snack or after a workout.
Ingredients to make strawberry banana smoothie
You only need four ingredients to make this strawberry banana smoothie recipe! Grab some seasonal strawberries, sweet ripe bananas (previously frozen is preferred), creamy Greek yogurt and any milk of choice. If you want to keep the recipe dairy-free, you can use coconut yogurt or any other dairy-free yogurt along with plant-based milk, like almond milk, cashew milk or coconut milk.
How to make strawberry banana smoothie
This is my kids’ favorite smoothie! It’s actually also my favorite to make since I always have the ingredients in my fridge! I would recommend keeping some ripe bananas in the freezer though so it’s ready to use in this strawberry banana smoothie anytime.
Place all the ingredients together in a high speed blender and blend until everything is smooth, creamy and deliciously pink. It should take about one minute to break down the frozen bananas and blend everything together.
It is truly that easy to make, and I usually have the kids throw in the ingredients and blend it themselves. They enjoy the smoothie so much more knowing they helped make it! You’re looking for a cold smoothie that has a thick but drinkable consistency. Enjoy it immediately while it’s cold. The recipe will make enough for two 12 ounce servings. So you can share with someone or save it for the next day.
Strawberry banana smoothie add-ins
This smoothie recipe is a great base recipe that you can customize with different ratios of the ingredients and easily add more ingredients to suit your preferences and diet. Here are some of my favorites add-ins:
- Protein Powder: Bulk up the smoothie by adding any protein powder you like. A vanilla flavored one works well to balance the flavors while giving you fuel.
- Greens: The color won’t remain a pretty pink hue, but adding greens is a wonderful way to quickly absorb a few servings of vegetables. I like using spinach or kale most often in smoothies.
- Nuts and seeds: Think of adding peanut butter, almond butter or seeds like flax seeds, chia seeds or hemp seeds. They all add great plant-based protein and fiber.
- Sweeteners: While I think the strawberries and ripe bananas create a perfectly sweet smoothie, you may want to add some honey, maple syrup or agave syrup, especially if you’re adding some veggies in there. I would recommend tasting first and adjusting as you see fit.
Tips for making strawberry banana smoothie
- Freeze the banana head of time. The frozen banana makes the smoothie cold, and gives it a creamy texture. There’s no need to also freeze the strawberries as that would result in an overly thick smoothie that may not be drinkable.
- Use a high speed blender. There’s nothing worse than drinking a smoothie and getting a banana chunk in your mouth. If you don’t have a high speed blender, I recommend stirring it every once in a while with a long spoon and blending for an extra 1 minute.
- Don’t use ice. Since we’re using frozen bananas, there’s no need for ice. This way the smoothie is cold from the frozen banana without tasting watered down from the ice.
- Enjoy it immediately. That’s my best tip for making this smoothie because the texture, taste and color are all best right when it’s blended. It’s still fine 24 hours later, but best enjoyed right away.
This is such a classic healthy smoothie recipe that’s full of bright and fresh flavors. I love that it only needs four ingredients and the push of a button to make the recipe come alive! If you’re looking for more smoothie recipes to incorporate into your diet, this one is sweet, creamy and so refreshing!
For more smoothie recipes:
- Blueberry Banana Smoothie
- Glowing Green Smoothie
- Tahini Milkshake
- Breakfast Coffee Smoothie
- Aloe Vera Smoothie
- FeelGood Smoothie Bowls
If you’ve tried this healthy-ish feel good Strawberry Banana Smoothie recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- 2 cups strawberries
- 1 banana cut and frozen
- 1 ½ cup milk
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- Sliced strawberries for serving (optional)
- Place all the ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until the texture is smooth and creamy, about 1 minute.
- Taste the smoothie, adding more milk if it is too thick or adding a sweetener of choice if it's not sweet enough for you. Add fresh fruit for garnish, if desired.
- Enjoy cold immediately, or store in fridge for up to 24 hours
- Instead of regular milk, you can use any other plant-based milk to make this vegan, including almond milk, cashew milk or coconut milk.
- Instead of Greek yogurt, you can use plant-based yogurt or even plain yogurt.
- To replace the banana, you can use one cup of any chopped fruit. To keep the pinkish color, I recommend using apple or nectarines,