Homemade Cashew ButterJump To Recipe
- Serves: 26 servings
Learn how to make Homemade Cashew Butter or any nut butter using a food processor and only one ingredient. It's fast, healthy and saves you money!
- Author: Yumna Jawad
Homemade Cashew Butter
Whether it’s peanut butter, almond butter, hazelnut butter, walnut butter (it exists!) or cashew butter, stop buying it and start making it at home! It’s literally one ingredient, one machine about 5 minutes of your time! Well, there’s also a few minutes of washing the food processor, but we don’t have to talk about that here haha! Making nut butter at home is such a fun cooking DIY for kids to see the evolution of something like peanuts that they eat from a shell become the same thing mom spreads on their sandwiches. My kids were amazed when they watched me make nut butter for the first time.
So the cool thing about it is that you can pick any type of nuts you want and any type of roasting and salting preference. For this homemade cashew butter, I buy a bag of roasted, unsalted cashews and the amount of cashew butter I can make it with ends up costing less than it would if I bought the same amount in a jar. Also, it’s always a good option when you’re trying to eat clean to know exactly what’s going into your food. And in this case it’s one ingredient – the nuts. When you have the nut butter consistency, you can throw add-ins like sea salt, honey, chia seeds, flax seeds or even dark chocolate! Go to town! For this recipe, I just added a dash of sea salt and some honey and then I made some fun toasts with the homemade cashew butter.
Banana, chia seeds, honey
Nutella, strawberries, cacao nibs
Green apples, cinnamon, maple syrup
Raspberries, chocolate chips, coconut flakes
This is the best snack ever, packed with protein, good carbs and a little sweetness to seal the deal.
Cashew ousside how ’bout dat…
How to Make Homemade Cashew Butter (1 min.)
- 2 cups roasted lightly salted cashews
- ½ tsp salt, or to taste
- 1 Tbsp honey, or or taste
- Place cashews in a food processor. Turn the food processor on and let it run on high for about 5 minutes, scraping down the sides with a spatula as necessary.
- Once the consistency is creamy and there are no more crumbs, you can taste it and add the salt and honey, as desired. Turn the food processor on again and blend for 20-30 seconds to incorporate the salt and/or honey.
- Transfer to a jar or airtight container and store in the fridge or in the pantry if you are consuming it within 2-3 weeks.