This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These gourmet stuffed dates are so quick and easy, and are one delicious snack that requires very little effort! Choose from four different flavors, that are all equally as tasty. They are perfect for Ramadan, Christmas, or any occasion!
Ingredients & stuffing ideas
- Dates: Use large soft fresh dates if possible. Medjool dates are some of the best for stuffing because of their large size, while other varieties like degleet are best enjoyed on their own.
- Ricotta almond: Creamy ricotta cheese is mixed with a little shredded coconut and finished with a whole almond.
- Goat cheese pistachio: Mix together tangy goat cheese with sweet honey and sprinkle with crunchy pistachios.
- Cashew Butter Cacao: Cashew butter is mixed with cardamom for a slight piney and menthol flavor, and then topped with crushed cacao nibs or chocolate chips.
- Peanut Butter Chocolate: This combination is a favorite! Peanut butter and cinnamon are combined and then topped with dark chocolate. Delicious!
How to stuff dates
- Slice each date lengthways with a sharp knife and remove the pits.
- Then mix together your filling ingredients you are using.
- Spoon the filling into each date and finish with the toppings.
Tips for stuffing dates
- Use large soft dates as much as possible. Medjool dates are best as they are very plump and easier to fill.
- Don’t cut the dates all the way through. They should be cut lengthways with the bottom of the date still intact so that the filling stays in place.
- Try serving them warm. While these make for a delicious cold snack, you can also stuffed the dates and then place them into the oven at 375°F for 10 minutes. This softens the cheese and gets it warm and gooey.
- Try freezing them. This is especially wonderful for the ones with chocolate. Freezing them solidifies the dates and fillings and makes them taste like a frozen treat!
- Get creative! These are four fun combinations, but feel free to get creative! Try blue cheese, labneh, other nut toppings and even some fresh herbs.
Frequently asked questions
You can make these stuffed dates up to a day before you want to serve them. Keep them covered in the fridge. It’s best not to make them further ahead than this as the fillings can start to dry out, though they will still be good to eat. You can however freeze them if you’re making them in advance.
Mejdool dates are pretty widely available and can be found in most grocery stores. They are generally found in the produce isle by the bananas. If your grocery store has bulk bins, they may also be found there.
These stuffed dates are perfect to enjoy as a snack or finger food appetizer. If you make the peanut butter stuffed one, they can also be served as a dessert.
These delicious stuffed dates are so simple and easy to make, but they never fail to impress! Be sure to share what your favorite filling is if you try these!
More no-bake snacks:
- 28 Easy No Bake Desserts
- No Bake Cookie Dough Bars
- No Bake Energy Bites
- No-Bake Pumpkin Balls
- No Bake Samoa Bars
If you’ve tried this healthy-ish feel good Stuffed Dates recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave a comment below! It helps others who are thinking of making the recipe. We would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots, share it on Instagram so we can repost on Stories!
Stuffed Dates – 4 Ways
- 20 large medjool dates
- 2 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon shredded coconut
- 5 whole raw almonds
Goat Cheese Pistachio
- 2 tablespoons goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon crushed pistachios
Cashew Butter Cacao
- 3 tablespoons cashew butter
- ½ teaspoon cardamom
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs
- Use a small sharp knife to cut the dates lengthwise. Remove the pits.
- Mix the first two ingredients for each of the fillings together in 4 small separate bowls.
- Use a spoon to fill each date evenly with the various filling mixtures. Then top each with its accompanying topping. Or feel free to switch them up as desired. Enjoy immediately.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate. It will vary based on cooking method and specific ingredients used.