This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This collection of no-bake desserts is the ultimate solution for those hot summer days when the last thing you want to do is turn on the oven. Whether hosting a backyard barbecue or simply craving a sweet treat, these desserts are perfect for any occasion and require no baking at all! From fruity frozen snacks to chocolatey desserts, you’ll satisfy your sweet tooth with quick and easy no-bake recipes that are sure to impress!
Who wants to sweat over a hot oven on a hot sunny day?! I’m sharing some super easy no-bake desserts that’ll please everyone from kids to grandparents. Whether you are craving something ice cold and chilled, creamy and decadent, or bite-sized snacks, there are a ton of delicious recipes for you! So go ahead and try them all, and don’t forget to share your favorites with me!
What is considered a no-bake dessert
A no-bake dessert is a type of dessert that doesn’t require any cooking or baking in the oven. Instead, the dessert is usually made by combining various ingredients and then chilling or freezing them to achieve the desired texture and flavor.
Because they don’t require an oven, no-bake desserts are a popular choice since they are usually easy to make and can be prepared quickly without generating additional heat in the kitchen. Some no-bake recipes may involve a brief stove top or microwaving step, but for the most part, these treats are easy and can be prepared in less than 20 minutes!
Tips for easy no-bake desserts
- For ice cream, make sure to chop up any mix-ins. Chocolate chunks, hard-shelled candy (like M&M’s), and nuts can become very hard when frozen, so it’s good to chop them up first.
- No churn ice cream needs a consistent temp to freeze, so place your ice cream mix in the back of the freezer (i.e. away from the door), where the temperature is most stable.
- Add herbs to fruit dishes. Fresh herbs can enhance a fruity dish. Mint is super refreshing with melon and citrus. While a bit of basil can be great when married with berries.
- Fresh citrus zest can amp up the flavors in a fruit salad or fruity dessert – like a pudding. Plus, freshly squeezed lemon or lime juice keeps the fruit from turning brown. You only need a couple of spoonfuls to make a big difference!
- If your no-bake cheesecake still isn’t firm after chilling it, you can freeze it to help it set further. Make sure not to freeze the cheesecake too long unwrapped, as it can cause the texture to become gritty.
- When making a mousse, use good-quality ingredients. It’s important to use good quality dark chocolate as it adds a richer flavor and texture to the mousse. Also, ensure your cream is fresh and chilled before whipping.
best no-bake dessert recipes
Desserts that don’t require baking can come in many forms, such as ice cream, fresh fruit, chocolate, pudding, parfaits, and more. I even share some of my favorite Lebanese no-bake dessert recipes and a few toppings and add-in recipes, so you’re fully covered for creating some tasty desserts!
Ice cream recipes
There’s nothing more summery than a delicious ice cream recipe! From dairy-free to vegan, there’s fresh and flavorful homemade ice cream in here for everyone. Easy to make and perfect for feeding a crowd.
- Cottage Cheese Ice Cream – Treat yourself to protein-packed cottage cheese ice cream! It’s creamy, satisfying, and healthy – best yet, it’s basically just whipped cottage cheese, so you can even serve it for breakfast! The kids will think you’ve gone mad!
- Cappuccino Nice Cream – A vegan dairy-free frozen treat with a little pick-me-up. Frozen bananas + cold brew = a quick, healthy, and delicious dessert.
- Avocado Ice Cream – This healthy homemade ice cream is vegan, paleo-friendly, and absolutely tasty. Creamy, smooth, and ultra-rich with no ice cream maker.
- Four Mason Jar Ice Cream Flavors – Let’s get shaken! Everyone can add their own mix-ins and create a fun and easy ice cream that will have the kids (and you) anxiously checking the freezer to see the final results.
- Easy Banana Nice Cream – Dairy-free, check! Thick and creamy? Check! Try one or all four of these traditional flavors: vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, and even a peanut butter version! Easy and delicious!
- Almond Joy Ice Cream – Love the candy bar? Then this ice cream version is sure to satisfy. Plus, it’s vegan, with the base primarily made up of frozen bananas, some plant-based dairy, and some chunky, crunchy mix-ins.
- Peanut Butter Ice Cream Pie – Peanut butter ice cream pie is a vegan frozen treat that’s perfect for summer! It is made with only 4 ingredients and has a creamy texture but dairy free!
Fresh fruit desserts
These no-bake fruity desserts really pack a flavor punch! From fruit pizzas to chilly smoothies, make the most of all that lovely seasonal produce with these fresh and vibrant recipes.
- Watermelon Pizza – Delightful honey-sweetened cream cheese and ricotta icing combined with juicy watermelon, topped with fresh kiwi, blueberries, and strawberries. A surefire hit at your next party!
- Summer Fruit Salad – This tropical fruit salad is bursting with juicy flavors! Featuring fresh pineapple, tangy kiwi, juicy mango, plump blueberries, and vibrant strawberries, all drizzled with my citrusy and floral “secret sauce”. The perfect summer treat!
- Fresh Fruit Popsicles – Make healthy and refreshing homemade fruit popsicles by freezing pureed fruit. This classic treat can be made with various fruits, and I share recipes for strawberry, mango, and kiwi.
- Frozen Yogurt Bark – Simple and quick to make, this frozen yogurt bark is the perfect summer treat. Topped with fresh berries and crunchy granola, it’s a perfect hot weather snack.
- Cream Cheese Fruit Dip – This 4-ingredient cream cheese fruit dip is the perfect solution for a quick party platter any time of the year. Simply serve with seasonal fruits of your choice for an easy and effortless entertaining option!
- Dragon Fruit Smoothie – This Dragon Fruit Smoothie is a flavorful winner with its natural bright pink color from the main ingredient, pitaya (dragon fruit). Blended with bananas, frozen cauliflower, almond milk, and protein powder, this recipe is both tasty and nutritious.
- Fruit Smoothie Bowls – Enjoy a fun and nutritious way to eat your smoothies with these three smoothie bowl recipes! Made with frozen fruit, these thick and colorful bowls are loaded with nutrients and can be enjoyed for breakfast, a snack, or dessert.
- Healthy Banana Split – This healthier version of the classic banana split is simply delicious, and can even be enjoyed as a breakfast option! Topped with fresh fruits, Greek yogurt, and creamy peanut butter, it’s a perfect treat.
No bake chocolate desserts
These no bake desserts are perfect when you have a chocolate craving! No need for an oven, and they are oh-so scrumptious. Kids and adults will love them!
- Avocado Chocolate Mousse – This no-bake dessert is refined-sugar-free and deliciously indulgent. Savor the thick, creamy, dark chocolatey goodness with its signature mousse texture.
- Pistachio Butter Cups – These Mediterranean-inspired butter cups with bright green pistachio filling are easy to make and perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth!
- Chocolate Truffles – Velvety, melt-in-your-mouth dark chocolate ganache balls coated in cocoa, nuts, or sprinkles. With just 5 ingredients, these easy-to-make truffles are irresistible!
- Chocolate Peppermint Mousse – Rich and fluffy mint-infused chocolatey goodness that’s more than just a holiday treat. Enjoy this no-bake chocolate dessert with a handful of simple ingredients and delicious flavor.
- Chocolate Coconut Balls – This dessert tastes like an Almond Joy bar and is made with simple ingredients that combine to create a deliciously sweet treat.
- No-Bake Cookie Dough Bars – Chewy and satisfying, they’re a quick and easy treat that takes just 15 minutes to prepare. No need to bake – just chill in the fridge for an hour and enjoy the indulgent taste of cookie dough!
- Minty Chocolate Bark – This delightful treat is made with just three simple ingredients and can be enjoyed or gifted at any time of the year. Kids and adults alike are sure to love it!
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Crisp – Made with puffed rice cereal for a satisfying crunch, creamy peanut butter, and a high-quality chocolate coating, this no-bake recipe is one you won’t want to keep to yourself.
- Date Snickers – Just 4-ingredients for a healthier alternative to candy bars. Stuff creamy peanut butter and crunchy nuts inside split dates, coat them in rich dark chocolate and enjoy the delicious medley of flavors and textures.
- Chocolate Hazelnut Smoothie Bowl – Get ready for a delicious breakfast with this creamy and rich banana Nutella recipe that takes just minutes to make!
No-bake puddings & parfaits
Whip up a delicious and easy no-bake pudding or parfait for a quick and satisfying dessert or snack. With endless flavor combinations, from fruity to nutty to creamy, there’s a recipe for everyone. Great for warm weather or when you want a sweet treat without heating up your kitchen!
- Fruit & Yogurt Parfait – This colorful fruit yogurt parfait is a festive and delicious treat for summer holidays or any time. Made with fresh berries, creamy yogurt, and crunchy granola, it’s perfect for breakfast, dessert, or a snack.
- Simple Chia Pudding – A longtime favorite and perfect for a quick, healthy snack or breakfast. Packed with protein and made with just chia seeds, milk, and your choice of sweetener.
- Chocolate Chia Pudding – This low-carb feel good treat is a sweet and chocolatey healthy dessert made with chia seeds, milk, cocoa powder, and maple syrup.
- Banana Pudding Parfaits – Whether you want to treat the kids after school or impress your guests with a delicious parfait, this recipe is easy to make with just a few simple ingredients.
- Matcha Chia Pudding – Incorporating matcha green tea powder into this snack not only gives it a beautiful green color, but also adds a boost of antioxidants to help keep you energized all day.
- Vegan Lemon Pudding – Made with lemon juice, coconut cream, coconut milk, and either cornstarch or arrowroot starch, it’s a no-bake, no-oven, and hassle-free recipe that feels light and fresh without eggs and cream.
- Strawberry Chia Pudding – A healthy and colorful breakfast that’s dairy-free, gluten-free, low-calorie, low-sugar, and vegan. Make it ahead of time for a quick and easy breakfast on busy mornings.
- Chia Jello – This refreshing treat uses your favorite juice and chia seeds for a fun play on jello that the whole family will love.
Lebanese No-bake desserts
No-bake Lebanese desserts offer a delicious blend of Middle Eastern flavors. A few of these recipes do require a longer stovetop and hands-on time, but are worth the effort! From creamy puddings to stuffed dates and fruit cocktails, there’s something for everyone to enjoy.
- Semolina Pudding – Also known as layali lubnan, is a delicious Lebanese dessert made with semolina, milk, sugar, and orange blossom water. Topped with ashta, pistachios, and simple syrup, it offers a delightful crunch and nutty flavor.
- Lebanese Rice Pudding – Short-grain rice is cooked in milk until tender and creamy, then flavored with vanilla extract and rose water. With the addition of crunchy pistachios, this dessert can be served warm or cold for a special treat!
- Creamy Ashta – While making homemade ashta is totally worth the effort, there is a longer stovetop process to get it just right. It’s a sweetened milk-based dessert that combines the clotted cream-making process with ashta cream, resulting in a creamy and delicious treat.
- Stuffed Dates – These no-bake gourmet stuffed dates make for a quick and easy snack that require minimal effort. With four equally delicious flavors to choose from, they are a perfect treat for any time of the day.
- Lebanese Fruit Cocktail – This Lebanese fruit cocktail is a refreshing blend of sweet strawberry puree and juicy fruits, topped with creamy ashta and a nutty crunch.
More no-bake desserts
- Greek Yogurt Cheesecake – Whip up these light and refreshing individual cheesecakes in just 20 minutes! Made with Greek yogurt and topped with fresh strawberries, they’re perfect for a quick and easy dessert.
- Almond Butter Rice Krispies – These healthy Rice Krispie treats are a quick and easy snack made with natural ingredients like almond butter, honey, and brown puffed rice. Enjoy them any time of the day as a snack, dessert, or breakfast!
- Vanilla Mug Cake – If you’re craving cake but don’t want to heat up the oven, try this single-serving mug cake made with pantry staples and cooked in the microwave. It’s a quick fix for your sweet tooth. You can also try my nutella and chocolate versions!
- Coconut Date Balls – These healthy vegan snacks are little balls of nutrition, made from dates and nuts and coated with shredded coconut. They’re easy to make and a great sweet treat!
- Protein Balls – Perfect quick and easy snack for an afternoon boost or post-workout treat. With four delicious flavors to choose from, they offer a great source of energy without the need for baking.
- Edible Cookie Dough – Treat yourself to this vegan and gluten-free homemade edible cookie dough! Made without eggs and with almond and coconut flour, it’s a perfect sweet treat that both kids and adults will love.
- No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake – Satisfy your pumpkin pie and cheesecake cravings! The homemade graham cracker crust is bakery-worthy and the creamy pumpkin filling is perfect for a fall feeling anytime. Plus, you can make it in minutes without turning on your oven.
Toppings and add-ins
- 2-Ingredient Strawberry Sauce
- Easy Creamy Nutella
- How to Melt Chocolate
- Whipped Cream
- Almond Butter
- Chocolate Ganache
- Simple Syrup
frequently asked questions
Yes, many no bake desserts can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator or freezer until ready to serve. This can make them a convenient option for parties or gatherings.
Many no bake desserts can be made with just a mixing bowl, spoon, and basic kitchen tools. However, some recipes may require a food processor, blender, or stand mixer, and even the use of the stove or microwave.
Yes, you can often substitute ingredients in a no bake dessert recipe based on your preferences or dietary needs. For example, you could use a different type of nut or sweetener, or swap out a dairy ingredient for a non-dairy alternative. However, some substitutions may affect the texture or consistency of the final product. Check out the full recipe with suggestions on what can be substituted.
Don’t hold off on making desserts this summer just because you don’t want to turn on your oven. Hope you enjoy these ideas to make something sweet that keeps you cool when the temperature rises. It doesn’t get better than these no-bake desserts for picnics, parties, and potlucks all summer long!
full list of recipes
Check out the picture cards for all the recipes listed above. You can click on any of the recipe cards to take you directly to those recipes.
Cottage Cheese Ice Cream
Cappuccino Nice Cream
Avocado Ice Cream
Mason Jar Ice Cream
Banana Nice Cream – 4 Ways
Almond Joy Ice Cream
Peanut Butter Ice Cream Pie
Watermelon Fruit Pizza
Fresh Fruit Salad
Fresh Fruit Popsicles
Frozen Yogurt Bark
Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
Dragon Fruit Smoothie
Healthy Banana Split
Avocado Chocolate Mousse
Chocolate Pistachio Butter Cups
Homemade Chocolate Truffles
Dark Chocolate Peppermint Mousse
Vegan Chocolate Covered Coconut Balls
No Bake Cookie Dough Bars
Chocolate Peppermint Bark
Chocolate Peanut Butter Eggs
Chocolate Hazelnut Smoothie Bowl
Fruit & Yogurt Parfait
3-Ingredient Chia Pudding
Chocolate Chia Pudding
Banana Pudding Parfait
Matcha Chia Pudding
Layered Strawberry Chia Pudding
Semolina Pudding (Layali Lubnan)
Lebanese Rice Pudding
Stuffed Dates – 4 Ways
Lebanese Fruit Cocktail
Greek Yogurt Cheesecake
Healthy Rice Krispie Treats
Vanilla Mug Cake
Coconut Date Balls
How to Make Edible Cookie Dough
No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake
2-Ingredient Strawberry Sauce
How to Make “Nutella”
How to Melt Chocolate
For more similar roundup of recipes, be sure to check out: Mother’s Day Brunch Ideas, Date Night Dinner Ideas, Easy Pantry Meals, Best Strawberry Recipes.
If you found this recipe roundup for for No-Bake Dessert Recipes helpful or if you try any recipe on Feel Good Foodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipes! It helps others who are thinking of trying out this tutorial and we would love to hear about your experience. And if you snapped some shots, share it on Instagram so we can repost on Stories!
What a wonderful list of desserts with very cool variations.
Thank you so much, Mare!