This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This easy fruit salad is the perfect summer dessert! Lots of seasonal fresh and colorful fruit covered in a coconut milk, lime and poppyseed dressing makes for a wonderful centrepiece. Made with no added refined sugar.
This summer fruit salad is fresh, tangy and sweet and it’s the type of fruit salad you can make all year round with whatever fruits you have on hand!
Fruit salad ingredients
- Fresh fruit: I used watermelon, honeydew, cantaloupe, pineapple, mango, kiwi, strawberries and blueberries, blackberries, but you can use whatever fruit you like.
- Coconut milk: I like to use full fat coconut milk as it has a richer, more creamy flavor.
- Lime juice: Be sure to use fresh lime juice rather than bottled for the best flavor.
- Honey: I use honey for a natural sweetener.
- Poppy seeds: Poppy seeds add a slightly nutty taste and are loaded with calcium, magnesium and fiber.
- Grated ginger: I love the zing of the grated ginger. It adds a great depth of flavor to the dish and works so well with the other dressing ingredients.
How to make this summer fruit salad
- Wash and chop the fruit and place it in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients.
- Pour the dressing over the fruit and toss to combine.
Tips to make this fruit salad
- Chop the fruit into small, similar sized pieces. They will be easier to toss in the dressing and easier to eat.
- Use ripe fruit for the fullest flavors. Use what is in season and organic if you can.
- Serve the salad cold. I like to let it rest in the fridge for 30 minutes before serving to really let the flavors develop.
This salad can be tossed in the dressing and it will keep well in the fridge for up to 3 days. I prefer to serve it within 24 hours as the fruits will start to release their juices after that.
You can put any kind of fruit you like in a fruit salad, it’s a great way to use up bits and pieces in your fridge. If you use soft fruits like bananas, it’s best not to add them until you are ready to serve as they can brown.
The dressing in this salad contains honey, so it is not strictly vegan. You can easily make it vegan by swapping this with maple syrup.
I just know that you will love this delicious summer dessert! It’s so colourful and the dressing is wonderfully tangy and full of flavor!
For more similar desserts, check out:
If you try this healthy-ish feel good Summer Fruit Salad recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then please come back to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
Summer Fruit Salad
- 6- 8 cups fruits of choice I used watermelon, honeydew, cantaloupe, pineapple, mango, kiwi, strawberries and blueberries, blackberries
- 3 Tbsp coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- 1/2 tsp fresh grated ginger
- Place all the washed/dried/chopped fruit in a large bowl
- In a small bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, lime juice, honey, poppy seeds and grated ginger until well combined. Taste the dressing, and adjust as you see fit.
- Pour the coconut lime poppy seeds dressing over the fruit and toss to combine.
- Add fresh mint leaves, if you desire, and serve cold.
- Instead of lime juice, you can use lemon juice.
- Instead of honey, you can use maple syrup or agave syrup.
- Use your favorite fruits that are in season.