Fruit Salad with Coconut Lime Poppy Seed DressingJump To Recipe
- Serves: 6
This recipe is for a refreshing Fruit Salad tossed with Coconut Lime Poppy Seed Dressing. You can use any fruits you'd like and whip it up in 5 minutes!
- Author: Yumna Jawad
Fruit Salad with Coconut Lime Poppy Seed Dressing
Do you guys get all googly-eyed when you pass by the prepared section of fancy stores like Whole Foods, Plum Market or Westborn Fruit Market (for my Michiganders)? I totally do, and I think there are some good options when you’re in the a time crunch, but most of the time when I do buy something from there, I end up thinking that I could have made this cheaper, healthier and probably tastier! That’s what happened when I bought Fruit Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing this summer. It just looked so pretty and colorful all tossed in a creamy dressing. Well, I dunno if they used traditional poppy seed dressing that contains canola oil, mustard and mayo, but to me, that just doesn’t belong tossed with fruit!
So the next day, I decided I would make my own version of the dressing which usually involves some tartness, a little sweetness and some poppy seeds. And so became this Fruit Salad with Coconut Lime Poppy Seed Dressing. For my version of the dressing, I decided to give it a slight creaminess by using coconut milk and adding the traditional ginger found in the dressing with a generous amount of lime. It was a simple dressing made with only 5 ingredients, but it totally beat the store-bought prepared foods one by a mile…ok even 10 miles! Just please try this combination of flavors and I’m sure you’ll love it and eat more fruit and be more merry!
It’s fresh, tangy and sweet and it’s the type of fruit salad you can make all year round with whatever fruits you have on hand!
- 6- 8 cups fruits of choice (I used watermelon, honeydew, cantaloupe, pineapple, mango, kiwi, strawberries and blueberries, blackberries)
- 3 Tbsp coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- 1/2 tsp fresh grated ginger
- Place all the washed/dried/chopped fruit in a large bowl
- In a small bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, lime juice, honey, poppy seeds and grated ginger until well combined. Taste the dressing, and adjust as you see fit.
- Pour the coconut lime poppy seeds dressing over the fruit and toss to combine.
- Add fresh mint leaves, if you desire, and serve cold.