This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This patriotic red white and blue fruit yogurt parfait is so fun for Fourth of July, Memorial Day and Labor Day. Made with fresh strawberries, blueberries, yogurt and granola, it’s perfect to enjoy for breakfast, dessert or a snack.
Ingredients & substitutions
- Berries: For that red, white and blue presentation, use fresh strawberries and blueberries. If not making for the holidays, you can absolutely use other fruits and berries you have.
- Yogurt: Vanilla greek yogurt is used in the recipe but it works well with plain Greek yogurt, regular yogurt or plant-based yogurt.
- Sugar: To macerate the strawberries. You can use any type of granulated sugar or switch to honey or maple syrup
- Granola: Granola adds a nice crunchy texture. Use your favorite store bought granola, or try it with my Cranberry Almond Granola or Chocolate Granola.
How to make fruit & yogurt parfait
MACERATE the strawberries
- Add the strawberries and sugar to a bowl.
- Stir to combine, cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
layer the cups
- Place the strawberries into the bottom of a glass.
- Top with some yogurt.
- Place blueberries on top.
- Add on the granola. Then repeat the layers.
Tips for making the recipe
- User clear cups: What’s beautiful about parfaits is seeing the colorful layers alternative between fruit, yogurt and granola. Using clear cups makes it more visually appealing.
- Make sure the yogurt is cold before using: If the yogurt is at room temperature, it may easily bleed into the other layers, affecting the presentation.
- Save the granola for the top: If you don’t plan to serve these parfaits immediately, you can consider not adding the granola until right before serving and then just placing on top so that they don’t soften and get soggy.
- Don’t skip macerating the strawberries. This helps to soften them and will also help to make them sweeter.
Frequently asked questions
These fruit yogurt parfaits are best enjoyed fairly soon after making them so that the layers stay separated, but they will keep well for a day or two covered in the fridge. You can macerate the strawberries overnight, so all you have to do is build the layers.
It’s best to use fresh fruits for this granola parfait. Frozen fruits contain more water and their colors will bleed into the yogurt once they are thawed.
These are perfectly festive for the 4th July and memorial day, but you can easily make these with other fresh fruits if you like. Bananas, mango, clementines and peaches all work great. Check out these other parfait recipes:
Candy Corn Parfait
Banana Pudding Parfait
If you are looking for a quick and easy treat to serve up during your patriotic celebrations, these fruit yogurt parfaits tick all the boxes. So simple, light, refreshing and delicious.
More snack ideas:
If you’ve tried this healthy-ish feel good Fruit & Yogurt Parfait recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
Fruit & Yogurt Parfait
- 1 cup fresh strawberries sliced
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- ½ cup granola
- Combine the strawberries and sugar in a bowl and stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Divide half the strawberries into two clear glasses.
- Add half the Greek yogurt on top.
- Add half the blueberries on top.
- Add all the granola on top.
- Repeat with one more layer of strawberries, one more layer of Greek yogurt, and one more layer of the blueberries. (red, white, blue, granola, red, white, blue)
- Serve immediately for best consistency.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate. It will vary based on cooking method and specific ingredients used.