So easy to make, this homemade and healthy cranberry almond granola cereal is so delicious! Easy to make vegan and just 5 minutes of prep time
This delicious homemade granola cereal is so easy to make and perfect for make ahead breakfasts and snacks. Packed with healthy ingredients, this cranberry almond granola takes minutes to prep and is a great way to start the day!
How to make homemade granola cereal
- Add the oats, almonds and sunflower seeds to a bowl.
- Toss to combine.
- Pour the oil mixture over and combine and then stir in the honey.
- Place the granola on to a baking tray in an even layer and bake.
- When it comes out of the oven, immediately fold in the cranberries and then allow to cool.
Alternate granola flavor combinations
Any kinds of nuts, seeds, or coconut flakes can be substituted for the slivered almonds and sunflower seeds in this granola cereal recipe. Here are some of my favorite combinations:
- Pumpkin seeds/pepitas + walnuts + golden raisins
- Pecans + blueberries + maple syrup
- Coconut flakes + almonds + cherries
- Cashews + flax seeds + crystalized ginger + pear
Tips for making homemade granola
- Make sure to use raw almonds and raw sunflower seeds. If you used roasted almonds and roasted sunflower seeds, they may end up burning while the granola toasts.
- Change the sweetener to make it vegan. Honey will provide the most clusters for the granola recipe. But you can use agave syrup or maple syrup as well. Just use an extra tablespoon of sweetener if using either of those.
- Swap the cranberries with equivalent volume of any type of dried fruit. If you have larger fruits like apricots or pears, you can chop them up to ¼” – ½” pieces.
- Re-crisp the granola. If granola does not seem crisp at any point, you can refresh it by baking in a low temperature (about 200° F) oven for 10-15 minutes.
Frequently asked questions
Once the granola has cooled to room temperature, transfer it to an airtight container. It will keep well for up to a month at room temperature and is ready to use.
You can eat the granola as a snack straight out of the jar; it’s so delicious! For a healthy breakfast, serve it on top of some Greek yogurt or pour over some milk. It’s also great to top baked goods, like my sweet potato muffins, for an easy way to add some texture.
Making your own homemade granola is super easy and you have full control of what goes in to it. Store bought varieties are often loaded with sugar, so it’s a much healthier alternative. It’s super quick to make a huge batch and it’s also much more cost effective.
This is a great healthy snack recipe, be sure to get my tips for kids snacking!
More snacking recipes:
- Oven Roasted Cashews
- Honey Nut Cereal Bars
- Zucchini Bread Muffins
- Caramel Apple Granola Bars
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola Bars
- Chocolate Covered Bananas
If you’ve tried this feel good Cranberry Almond Granola recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
Cranberry Almond Granola
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup raw slivered almonds
- ½ cup raw sunflower seeds
- ⅓ cup coconut oil melted
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 275°F. Line a large baking tray with baking parchment.
- Combine oats, almonds, and sunflower seeds in a large bowl. Toss to distribute.
- In a small bowl, combine coconut oil, salt, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Pour oil mixture over oats and toss until all of oats/nuts are lightly covered.
- Add honey and stir until small lumps form and no large spots of honey are left.
- Dump granola onto prepared baking tray and flatten into an even layer. Do not press down firmly, leave air space as much as possible.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes, then stir to redistribute. Bake for a further 25-35 minutes, stirring 2-3 times until granola is a dark golden brown.
- Remove from oven. While still warm, add cranberries and toss to distribute.
- Allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container for up to 1 month.