This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Roasted Cashews with Coconut snack packs loads of flavor and is a much healthier alternative than store-bought roasted mixed nuts. It’s a wonderful snacking option that you can prepare ahead of time to last you a couple weeks…well maybe less because they’re seriously addictive one you taste them!
With only six ingredients, it takes just minutes to get it together. The flavors are a wonderful blend of subtly salty and sweet and it will really win you over with its blend of textures. Best part is you can customize it with different nuts and add-ins!
How to roast cashews with coconut
- Stir together the honey, sugar and cinnamon.
- Add the cashews and coconut on top.
- Stir to combine.
- Place the coated cashews on to a lined baking sheet.
- Bake until golden brown.
Tips for roasting cashews
- Ensure that the cashews are fully coated in the honey mixture. That way they will brown and caramelize all over, and every bite will be delicious!
- Place the cashews in a single layer on your baking sheet. If they are piled on top of each other, they won’t roast evenly.
- Let them cool before storing. Once you take the cashews out of the oven, let them sit, undisturbed for at least 30 minutes. This will allow the honey to solidify.
- Add more seasonings. These honey roasted cashews are delicious as they are, but feel free to add a little cayenne to make them sweet and spicy, or some salt for a more savory edge.
Frequently asked questions
Once the roasted cashews and coconut have cooled completely, place them in an airtight jar or conatiner. They will keep well at room temperature for up to two weeks. They are a great homemade food gift idea for the holidays!
Because these roasted cashews are coated with honey, they aren’t strictly vegan. You can replace the honey with maple syrup if you like. I haven’t tried them this way, but I’m sure they’ll turn out just as good! Let me know if you try this in the comments below!
Use roasted unsalted cashews for this recipe. I like buying them in bulk at the grocery store.
Don’t grab for those salty or packaged snacks when this wonderful mixture is on hand. These roasted cashews are sure to become one of your new favorite energy foods.
For more easy snacks:
- Baked Brie Cranberry in Bread Bowl
- Baba Ganoush
- Whipped Goat Cheese Stuffed Tomatoes
- Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Bowls
- Cranberry Almond Granola Cereal
- Honey Nut Cereal Bars
- Caramel Apple Granola Bars
If you’ve tried this feel good Roasted Cashews with Coconuts recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
Roasted Cashews with Coconut
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil melted
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon cane sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups roasted unsalted cashews
- ½ cup shredded coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the coconut oil, honey, cane sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and stir until well combined. Add the cashews and coconut on top and stir until the cashews are fully coasted with the honey mixture.
- Transfer the coated cashews onto the prepared baking sheet and spread into an even layer. Bake for 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway through. Cool for 30 minutes to allow mixture to set and then enjoy.