Whipped Goat Cheese Stuffed TomatoesJump To Recipe
- Serves: 12
This summertime Whipped Goat Cheese Stuffed Tomatoes recipe is perfect to throw together last minute for a healthy, refreshing crowd pleasing appetizer!
- Author: Yumna Jawad
Whipped Goat Cheese Stuffed Tomatoes
I miss having fresh seasonal local product all year round…seriously I was spoiled after living in Florida with easy access to a farmer’s market that I literally walked to every Saturday. But here on the East Coast, there’s a lot to rejoice over in the summer months, and for me, summer produce is one of them!
I love seeing all the different kinds of tomatoes this time of year. One of my favorites is Campari tomatoes, which are smaller than a roma tomato but larger than a cherry tomato. The size makes it perfect for stuffing because the core comes out easily and it creates the most adorable bite-sized appetizers sure to please a crowd!
So first I toast some panko breadcrumbs.
Then I core the compari tomatoes using a small sharp knife and running the knife in a circular motion on the inside of the tomato.
And then I whip it good!! I combine the honey with the goat cheese (you can also use cream cheese if you’d like!) along with green onions and basil. Then stuff it inside the tomatoes and top with the toasted breadcrumbs and basil for garnish.
Repeat for all your tomatoes and enjoy being this delicious crowd pleaser this summer!
Recipe adopted from Peas & Crayons
Try it, Love it, Share it!
- 1/2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 12 campari tomatoes
- 8 oz goat cheese, at room temperature
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp chopped green onion
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh basil or parsley, plus extra to garnish
- In a medium size skillet, heat olive oil, then add panko breadcrumbs to the skillet and toast until golden, about 1-2 minutes; set aside.
- To prepare the compari tomatoes, cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato, and run a knife along the inside of the tomato in a circular motion to release the inside, then scoop out to remove the core. Once the tomato is hallowed out, set aside and repeat for the remaining tomatoes. I like to keep the inside that's been scooped out to make pasta sauce or other tomato sauces.
- To prepare the whipped goat cheese, combine the goat cheese, honey, green onions and basil and whip it well.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the whipped goat cheese into each tomato. top with the toasted panko and garnish with extra basil.
- Serve cold.
- If preparing in advance, add the toasted breadcrumbs immediately before serving.