I love seeing all the different kinds of tomatoes this time of year. One of my favorites is Campari tomatoes, which are smaller than a roma tomato but larger than a cherry tomato. The size makes it perfect for stuffing because the core comes out easily and it creates the most adorable bite-sized appetizers sure to please a crowd!
How to make cheese stuffed tomatoes
So first I toast some panko breadcrumbs.
Then I core the compari tomatoes using a small sharp knife and running the knife in a circular motion on the inside of the tomato.
And then I whip it good!! I combine the honey with the goat cheese (you can also use cream cheese if you’d like!) along with green onions and basil. Then stuff it inside the tomatoes and top with the toasted breadcrumbs and basil for garnish.
Repeat for all your tomatoes and enjoy being this delicious crowd pleaser this summer!
For more easy appetizers:
- Crostini with Roasted Tomatoes
- Baked Brie Recipe
- Cheese Board
- Skinny Spinach Dip
- Shrimp Cocktail in Avocado Bowls
- Mushroom Avocado Toast
- Simple Guacamole
- Baked Brie Cranberry in Bread Bowl
If you make this feel good Goat Cheese Stuffed Tomatoes recipe, please be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
Goat Cheese Stuffed Tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 12 campari tomatoes
- 8 oz goat cheese at room temperature
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp chopped green onion
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh basil or parsley plus extra to garnish
- In a medium size skillet, heat olive oil, then add panko breadcrumbs to the skillet and toast until golden, about 1-2 minutes; set aside.
- To prepare the compari tomatoes, cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato, and run a knife along the inside of the tomato in a circular motion to release the inside, then scoop out to remove the core. Once the tomato is hallowed out, set aside and repeat for the remaining tomatoes. I like to keep the inside that's been scooped out to make pasta sauce or other tomato sauces.
- To prepare the whipped goat cheese, combine the goat cheese, honey, green onions and basil and whip it well.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the whipped goat cheese into each tomato. top with the toasted panko and garnish with extra basil.
- Serve cold.
- If preparing in advance, add the toasted breadcrumbs immediately before serving.