This Baked Brie Recipe is one of the easiest appetizers you can make for the holidays - it has an impeccable presentation with your favorite nuts and fruits
If you’re looking for easy entertaining this holiday season, this baked brie recipe is a festive option that everyone loves. It’s similar to my Baked Brie Cranberry in bread bowl recipe, which is such a fun way to serve this french mild melty cheese. Bake the brie and place it on a board with your favorite nuts and fruits for a colorful delicious appetizer!
You guys are going to love this easy baked brie appetizer. It’s so perfect for the holidays and it’s something we serve every year without fail! Have fun with it and get creative with how you serve it!
The perfect festive cheese board
I love putting together a cheese platter for family and friends visiting. It’s especially a great thing to nibble on before a main meal for Thanksgiving of Christmas. It’s so easy and always pretty impressive to serve to guests! Serve this baked brie with crackers, nuts and fruits. And for a bigger crowd, you can add other cheese too.
How to bake brie?
The best tip I can give you about this baked brie recipe is to first freeze the brie! That’s because freezing it helps it firm up. So when you bake it in the oven, the cheese stays put inside the rind and doesn’t come oozing out.
After freezing the baked brie for 30 minutes, place it on parchment paper lined baked sheet and bake for 30 minutes. You’ll know it’s done because it will soften slightly and you might even see some bubbling.
Top tips for making this baked brie recipe
- Use a good quality brie for this recipe; it’s the star of the show! I tend to use a triple cream brie – it’s so amazingly creamy and is not much more expense than the double cream brie.
- Freeze the brie for 30 minutes before baking it so that it holds its shape. Freezing the brie helps to solidify the rind so it doesn’t crack open in the heat. It creates the perfect cheese melt that stays in tact until you’re ready to serve.
- Place parchment on your baking sheet for easy removal. This is also a great tip just in case any cheese does ooze out of the baked brie recipe.
- Allow the baked brie to rest before transferring it to the cheese board. This is especially important if you didn’t freeze the cheese wheel beforehand. Allowing it to rest for 5 minutes gives the brie a chance to firm up slightly so it’s actually easier to transfer.
Frequently asked questions
How long do you bake brie?
Brie takes around 15 to 20 minutes to bake in a pre-heated oven at 350ºF. When you cut into the cheese it should come oozing out! It’s best to let the brie sit for 5 minutes before serving, so it isn’t scorching hot!
What do you serve with baked brie?
This baked brie recipe makes for a wonderful holiday appetizer just by itself topped with a little honey, fresh thyme, pomegranate seeds and pistachios. Delicious! I like to also serve it with a selection of crackers, cut fruits and whole nuts. This brie can also be part of a larger cheeseboard with a selection of blue and hard cheeses. Check out my post on How to Make a Cheese Board for more tips!
How to cut baked brie?
To cut the baked brie, you can either cut across in the top of the cheese and peel the rind back so people can dip in to it, or you can cut a slice off of the side of the cheese and let it ooze out. Either way, it’s sure to delight whoever you are serving!
More holiday appetizers:
I love how easy and straight forward it is to make this cheesy appetizer, and it’s such a crowd pleaser! Just a few simple ingredients is all you need!
If you’ve tried this healthy-ish feel good Baked Brie recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
Baked Brie Appetizer
- 6-8 ounces wheel of triple cream brie
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- ¼ cup shelled pistachios chopped
- Few sprigs of thyme
- Honey for drizzling
- Place brie on a plate or pan, and set in freezer until very firm, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F, place parchment paper on a small baking sheet
- Place brie on the prepared baking sheet. Bake until cheese is melted, about 15–20 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest to firm up slightly, about 5 minutes
- Use a spatula to carefully place brie onto a cheese board. Place the pomegranates on top, then sprinkle the pistachios and thyme. Drizzle with honey.
- Serve warm with toasted bread, crackers and nuts.