This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
When it comes to easy appetizers, nothing beats a baked brie charcuterie board. This cheese platter is packed with delicious apples, almonds, pistachios, melba toast, crackers, pomegranates, and of course, baked brie. A brie cheese board is a perfect party appetizer because it’s so easy to make, and everyone will love it! I will show you how to serve and put together this epic brie cheese platter that your guests will love.
Baked Brie is always a hit at any party, but add in some charcuterie, and suddenly you’ve taken things to a whole new level! This baked brie appetizer board is perfect for your next get-together. It’s easy to put together, and it’s sure to please a crowd. Plus, it’s so pretty that it will look great on your table!
The perfect Brie cheese board
I love putting together a cheese platter for family and friends visiting. It’s especially a great thing to nibble on before the main meal for Thanksgiving or Christmas. It’s so easy and always pretty impressive to serve to guests! Serve this baked brie appetizer platter with crackers, nuts, and fruits. And for a bigger crowd, you can add other cheese too.
How to bake brie
- Place the brie on a plate and set it in the freezer until firm.
- Preheat the oven and place parchment paper on a small baking sheet
- Place brie on the prepared baking sheet. Bake until the cheese is melted. Remove from the oven and let rest to firm up slightly.
- Use a spatula to carefully place brie onto a platter or preferred serving board.
Top tips for making this baked brie recipe
- Use a good quality brie for this recipe; it’s the star of the show! I tend to use a triple cream brie – it’s so amazingly creamy and is not much more expensive than the double cream brie.
- Freeze the brie for 30 minutes before baking it so that it holds its shape. Freezing the brie helps to solidify the rind, so it doesn’t crack open in the heat. It creates the perfect cheese melt that stays intact until you’re ready to serve.
- Place parchment on your baking sheet for easy removal. This is also a great tip just in case any cheese does ooze out of the baked brie recipe.
- Allow the baked brie to rest before transferring it to the cheese board. This is especially important if you didn’t freeze the cheese wheel beforehand. Allowing it to rest for 5 minutes gives the brie a chance to firm up slightly, so it’s actually easier to transfer.
Frequently asked questions
Brie takes around 15 to 20 minutes to bake in a preheated oven at 350ºF. When you cut into the cheese, it should come oozing out! It’s best to let the brie sit for 5 minutes before serving, so it isn’t scorching hot!
This baked brie recipe makes for a wonderful holiday appetizer just by itself, topped with a little honey, fresh thyme, pomegranate seeds, and pistachios. Delicious! I like to also serve it with a selection of crackers, cut fruits, and whole nuts. This brie can also be part of a larger cheeseboard with a selection of blue and hard cheeses. Check out my post on How to Make a Cheese Board for more tips!
To cut the baked brie, you can either cut across the top of the cheese and peel the rind back so people can dip into it, or you can cut a slice off of the side of the cheese and let it ooze out. Either way, it’s sure to delight whoever you are serving!
- Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
- Crostini with Roasted Tomatoes
- Baked Zucchini Fries (Vegan)
- Creamy Feta Dip
- Spanakopita Recipe
I love how easy and straightforward it is to make this cheesy appetizer, and it’s such a crowd-pleaser! Just a few simple ingredients are all you need!
If you’ve tried this healthy-ish feel good Baked Brie recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
Baked Brie Appetizer
- 6-8 ounces wheel of triple cream brie
- ½ baguette sliced and toasted
- 2 ounces crackers
- 2 apples sliced
- ½ pomegranate
- ¼ cup shelled pistachios
- ¼ cup almonds
- ¼ cup honey for drizzling
- ¼ cup fig jam
- Place brie on a plate or pan, and set in freezer until very firm, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F, place parchment paper on a small baking sheet
- Place brie on the prepared baking sheet. Bake until cheese is melted, about 15–20 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest to firm up slightly, about 5 minutes
- Use a spatula to carefully place brie onto a cheese board. Place the pomegranates on top, then sprinkle the pistachios and thyme. Drizzle with honey.
- Serve warm with toasted bread, crackers, fruits and nuts.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate. It will vary based on cooking method and specific ingredients used.