This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
I’m totally team football commercials (and the food!) For a fun new appetizer to enjoy during the big game or for any other festivities requiring the easiest appetizer ever, try my Mediterranean inspired creamy feta dip – a lighter kinda dip!
How do you make feta dip
Here are the Ingredients you’ll need:
- Feta Cheese: This is the most important ingredient. Traditionally sheep’s milk feta is the mostly widely used in Greece. But you can really use any kind you like, in a block or crumbled.
- Greek Yogurt: This will make it creamier without having to add mayonnaise or cream cheese or milk.
- Olive Oil: We’ll be whipping the feta with it and also drizzling it on top to serve. Use extra virgin olive oil if possible for best flavor.
- Lemon Juice: This gives it the freshness and helps to emulsify the mixture when whipped with the olive oil.
- Garlic: You can leave this out, but it’s only one clove and it adds a great amount of flavor to the feta dip. Just make sure you squeeze it or mince really well so it blends more easily without any chunks.
- Mint: I like mixing in some fresh herbs into the dip and throwing some on top to serve. Mint is just optional. You can switch it up with dill or parsley.
To make the dip, just throw everything in a large bowl and use a fork or spoon to mix it all together. The texture will be grainy and a little chunky since we’re not using any cream cheese or mayonnaise, and also since we’re not blending it in a food processor. But that’s exactly what you’re looking for.
So once you break up all the feta and blend everything well, transfer it to a smaller serving bowl and chill until you’re ready to serve the feta dip.
What to serve with feta dip
I label this snack as a dip, but it can be so much more than that! I love how fresh and light the flavors are, and how versatile the recipe is overall to go beyond just being a dip.
- As a dip, this recipe works best with toasted pita chips. That’s the way I usually serve it. But it’s also wonderful with pretzels, crackers, toasted baguette slices, breadsticks and vegetables, like carrots and cucumbers.
- It spreads quite nicely too, so it works really well in sandwiches like my beef shawarma wrap or my roasted cauliflower pita sandwiches.
- This feta dip also pairs really well with a salad. It’s similar to the idea of adding hummus to your salad. It adds lot of flavor and protein. If you want to pair it with some salads, try my Mediterranean Pasta Salad or my Green Goddess Salad.
This dip literally takes a few minutes to assemble, and it makes for an awesome snack for the big game or any other parties or potlucks. Everyone loves the refreshing, light and creamy flavor of the dip. If you have feta fans, you’ll definitely have feta dip fans! It’s made with pretty healthy ingredients, loaded with protein and comes out super delicious. Everyone agrees it’s pretty irresistible!
If you’re looking for new ideas to bring to a party this weekend, this one is a breeze. It won’t take you much time to whip it up, and it pairs well with just about any of your favorite dippers, like my Homemade Pita Chips or possibly just even a spoon haha!
For more Mediterranean dips, check out:
If you’ve tried this healthy-ish feel good Creamy Feta Dip recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
Creamy Feta Dip
- Place the feta cheese, Greek Yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, black pepper and mint in a large bowl. Whisk the ingredients together until well blended without any chunks of feta leftover.
- Transfer the dip to a small bowl, cover and store in the fridge for up to one week.
- When ready to serve, drizzle with olive oil, fresh mint leaves and diced cucumber. Serve with toasted pita bread, if desired.