This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This is one of my favorite Lebanese recipes…although you probably shouldn’t believe me, because I may just start every single Lebanese inspired recipe by saying that exact phrase! I’m a little biased…what can I say?
I grew up eating this food and till this day I still feel like it’s some of the healthiest and tastiest. Most of these Lebanese recipes I learned from my parents don’t need to be messed with one bit or improved. But I’m still going to add a modern twist to them here and there.
With these Roasted Cauliflower Pitas, I used red skin baby potatoes instead of traditional yellow potatoes and I served them on a thicker garlic naan bread compared to our traditional thin pitas. I’ve also added lots of extra greens to brighten up the dish with more fresh flavor. And what brings the whole thing together – that drizzle of the garlic lemon tahini sauce!
You guys, this pita is the bomb! It’s loaded with so much flavor, texture and color…and plus it’s vegan, low-calorie and totes healthy! You have to give it a try!
More Mediterranean recipes
If you’ve tried this healthy-ish feel good Roasted Cauliflower Pitas recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
Roasted Cauliflower Pitas
Garlic Lemon Tahini Sauce
- 1/4 cup tahini sesame seed paste
- 2 tbsp cup lukewarm water or more for consistency.
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1 tbsp lemon juice or more to taste
- Salt to taste
- Fresh parsley chopped (optional)
- Mixed greens or lettuce
- Tomatoes sliced
- Fresh parsley chopped
- Lemon wedges
- Preheat the oven to 425F degrees and line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Cauliflower on one side of the baking dish and the potatoes on the other side. Add the olive oil, ground cumin, paprika, coriander, garlic powder, salt and pepper, and toss both the potatoes and the cauliflower with the oil and seasoning separately.
- Make sure not to over crowd the baking dish, or you may want to use two separate ones. Bake for about 20-25 minutes until potatoes and cauliflower are crispy and golden.
- To make the Garlic Lemon Tahini Sauce, whisk all the ingredients together until you reach a creamy consistency. Taste and adjust as you desire.
- To assemble the pitas, lay them open on aluminum foil and heat the pita in the oven for a couple minutes. Add potatoes and cauliflower to the pitas, drizzle with the sauce and add the mixed greens, tomatoes, and parsley, if you desire.
- Enjoy warm immediately out of the oven.