This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
If you are looking to cut back and carbs and still enjoy food full of flavor, this Mediterranean cauliflower rice ticks all the boxes! Easy to make and seasoned with herbs and spices, this keto friendly cauliflower fried rice is the perfect accompaniment to so many meals.
Ingredients to make the recipe
- Cauliflower: Cauliflower is a great low carb alternative to rice. High in fiber and packed full of vitamins and minerals, it’s a great healthy choice and the base of our recipe. You could also make this with broccoli.
- Oil: For cooking the cauliflower. I like to use olive oil, but avocado oil will also work well.
- Garlic: Use freshly minced garlic for the best flavor and it helps to cook it to infuse into the cauliflower.
- Lemon juice, parsley and seasoning: To add a burst of freshness and zing to the cauliflower and season it with Mediterranean flavors.
- Pine nuts: Toasted pine nuts add a great flavor and texture, as well as healthy fats.
How to make Mediterranean cauliflower rice
- Toast the pine nuts until golden brown and set aside.
- Cook the garlic and cauliflower rice until tender.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the pan.
- Stir to combine and serve.
Tips for making the recipe well
- Use pre-riced cauliflower for ease and convenience. It’s widely available now and you can find it in the freezer isle.It’s ready to use straight from frozen.
- Follow my guidelines for how to quickly and easily cut cauliflower. If you are making your own cauliflower rice, be sure to check out this post for the step-by-step tutorial.
- Don’t over process the cauliflower if making from scratch. The florets should be just broken down. If you over process it, your rice can become too watery. Pulse it rather than blend it for the best texture. I use my Kitchen Aid food processor to grate the the cauliflower. You can use any other food processor you have or simple use a box grater.
- Don’t overcook the cauliflower rice. This can also cause it to be watery. Cook it on a high heat and stir frequently.
Frequently asked questions
Cauliflower rice is a great make ahead side and leftovers keeps well. Let it cool completely before placing in an airtight container. It will keep well in the fridge for 3 to 5 days. You can eat it cold as part of a salad, or heat it through quickly on the stovetop to serve.
Cooked cauliflower rice freezes well, and will keep for up to 3 months. Thaw it in the fridge before reheating on the stovetop.
Because of the seasonings in this recipe, it’s best to serve with Mediterranean style dishes. Try it with:
Mediterranean Stuffed Chicken
Grilled Chicken Kabobs
This Mediterranean cauliflower rice is so light and flavorful and it’s a great way to get extra veggies into your diet. Super quick and easy to make and bursting with flavor, you’ll be loving it as your new side dish!
More recipes with cauliflower:
- Cauliflower Fried Rice
- Sweet Potato Cauliflower Soup
- Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
- Cauliflower Alfredo
- Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
If you’ve tried this healthy-ish feel good Mediterranean Cauliflower Rice recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
Mediterranean Cauliflower Rice
- Place the cauliflower florets in a bowl of a food processor. Pulse until the cauliflower is grated and looks like rice or couscous, being careful not to over-pulse.
- Place a pan large enough to hold the cauliflower on the stove on medium-high heat.
- Add olive oil, and once you see the oil shimmer, add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about one minute. Add the grated cauliflower and sauté for 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to low and continue cooking, stirring frequently for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from heat. Season with salt and cumin, add lemon juice, parsley and toasted pine nuts. Serve warm.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate. It will vary based on cooking method and specific ingredients used.
I made this last night for my friends. We always complain how cauliflower rice still tastes like rice. They asked for the recipe! It was amazing and actually tastes more like couscous! This recipe is easy and a keeper!
I’m so glad to hear you and your friends enjoyed it! I could definitely see how that’d be the case.
Luce muy bueno. Trataré de hacerlo.
Thank you! Hope you enjoy!!
Looks delicious. I will try. Thanks for sharing and continued success.
Thank you! Hope you enjoy!
This recipe is so delicious! I made it with cauliflower rice I had in the freezer, turned out perfect! Yumna, you’re the best!
I love that! Thank you so much!!