This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
If you loved my TikTok viral Baked Feta Pasta, you’re going to love this appetizer version served as a dip. Super quick to prep with just a few ingredients, this baked feta dip is full of vibrant Mediterranean flavors.
Ingredients & substitutions
- Tomatoes: Use cherry tomatoes in this recipe as they are super juicy and sweet.
- Red bell pepper: Red is the sweetest bell pepper so it works great with the salty feta. Orange would also work well, but I find green too bitter for this dish.
- Red onion and garlic: To add a mild flavor throughout the dish.
- Oregano: Dried oregano adds a great herby flavor. You could also make this with other dried herbs like parsley or cilantro if you prefer.
- Olive oil: For the best taste, use extra virgin olive oil in this appetizer.
- Red chili flakes: For a little touch of spice. If you are particularly sensitive to spicy foods, you can omit this.
- Feta: This Greek cheese is tangy and salty, and gets wonderfully creamy when baked. It’s the star of the show!
- Olives: Use kalamata olives for an extra kick of briny flavor. You can use black or green if that’s what you have.
How to make baked feta dip
- Place the sliced tomatoes, onions, pepper, garlic and oregano in a bowl and pour over the olive oil.
- Then toss to combine. You can also make it easier and just mix everything together in the baking dish.
- Place the feta into the baking dish with the vegetable mix placed around it.
- Add the olives and red chili flakes.
- Bake until the tomatoes burst and the feta is melted.
Tips for making the recipe
- Slice the red onions and bell pepper thinly. The dip will be easier to eat this way and none of the flavors will be too overpowering. You can also chop everything.
- Use a small baking dish. If the tomatoes are in a single layer, they will roast and become dry, rather than break down and get nice and juicy.
- Use the freshest ingredients you can. This simple dish comes alive when you use the freshest and best quality ingredients. Don’t be tempted to use canned tomatoes, and extra virgin olive oil is a must.
- Try making this with another cheese. I tried it with goat cheese and it creates a creamy perfect texture, the cook time may be less depending on how large the block is. I’ve also heard success using high quality full fat ricotta, although have not tried it myself.
Frequently asked questions
You can make this with any feta cheese. Try finding a french variety which tends to have the most fat, so it will be the most creamy.
Yes, this will work with crumbled feta cheese, but make sure to bunch them up in the middle of the baking dish so their heat together makes them more creamy instead of drying them out.
This baked feta dip is best served straight out of the oven so that the cheese is soft and creamy. You can make the dish up to a day ahead of baking it. Keep it covered in the fridge so that the feta doesn’t dry out and bake it in the oven when you are ready to serve.
This baked feta dip is quite simply bursting with flavor, but it’s so quick and easy to make, you just need a few simple ingredients. Perfect to serve as a fun sharing appetizer with pita chips, crackers or crudite.
More appetizers to try:
- Chicken Taco Cups
- Salmon Cakes
- Creamy Feta Dip
- Vegetarian Stuffed Mushrooms
- Spanakopita Triangles
- Tomato Basil Bruschetta
If you’ve tried this healthy-ish feel good Baked Feta Dip recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
Baked Feta Dip
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- ½ red pepper thinly sliced
- ½ red onion thinly sliced
- ½ cup pitted kalamata olives
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 block 8 ounces feta cheese
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Fresh basil for garnish
- Pita chips or crackers for serving
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In an oven safe dish, place the cherry tomatoes, red peppers, red onions, olives, garlic and oregano. Pour the olive oil on top, and toss until well combined.
- Place the feta block in the middle of the baking dish surrounded by all the vegetables. Add the crushed red pepper on top of the feta cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, until the cherry tomatoes burst, and the feta cheese melts.
- Add fresh basil leaves and serve with pita chips or crackers.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate. It will vary based on cooking method and specific ingredients used.
WOULD LOVE FETA CHEESE RECIPES
Hi Tina, you can use the magnifying glass in the upper right-hand corner (if you’re on a computer) and search for feta, and it will bring up all the feta recipes I have. Alternatively, you can go here: https://feelgoodfoodie.net/recipe/#search/q=feta, and they will pop up for you!
One of the best dips ever. I’ve made it soooo many times and every guest has asked for the recipe!
Thank you so much! I totally agree! Of course, I might be biased. 🙂
This dip has very simple ingredients but it’s so good, especially with crusty bread. I enjoyed it at home but it would be great for a party or potluck.
Thank you so much! It’d definitely be a crowd pleaser too!
What a super easy and delicious party snack. Everyone loved it!
So happy to hear it was a crowd pleaser!