This oven roasted cauliflower is seasoned with a spice mix and served with a delicious tahini sauce for a flavorful appetizer or side dish - so quick & easy
Oven Roasted Cauliflower is my favorite way to eat cauliflower! I grew up with my mom making this dish regularly and wrapping it in pita with fries drizzled with tahini sauce. This version is inspired by that meal and makes a flavorful appetizer or side dish. Quick and easy to prep and full of fresh flavors, this is a great healthy appetizer to serve to a crowd or a delicious side dish to serve with a weeknight meal.
How to roast cauliflower
Cut your cauliflower into smaller florets and then place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Add the olive oil, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper and toss with your hands to evenly coat the olive oil and spices into the cauliflower.
Roast the seasoned cauliflower until golden and fork tender.
While you are waiting for the oven roasted cauliflower to finish cooking, mix all of the sauce ingredients in a small bowl until it becomes a thick paste. Slowly add water to the mixture and whisk until it’s smooth.
Serve the roasted cauliflower with the tahini sauce.
What is tahini?
Tahini is a Middle Eastern condiment that is made from toasted and ground sesame. It’s earthy and nutty with a slight bitterness. The tahini dipping sauce is wonderfully fresh and zingy and works really well with the spices on the cauliflower. Be sure to try my Tahini Milkshake and Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookies if you like the flavor!
Tips for oven roasting cauliflower
- Cut the florets into small bite pieces to make them more crisp. This way more of cauliflower touches the bottom of the pan to get caramelized.
- Use parchment to line your baking sheet for easy clean up. If you prefer to roast straight on your baking sheet, be sure to spray a little oil on the surface.
- Pat your cauliflower dry with a paper towel before tossing it with the olive oil and seasoning. If there is too much moisture, the result might be oven steamed cauliflower instead of oven roasted cauliflower.
Frequently asked questions
Can you make roasted cauliflower ahead of time?
This appetizer and side dish is best served straight out of the oven, but if you want to get ahead of yourself you can prepare the cauliflower with oil and spices and then keep it covered in the fridge. The tahini sauce can be made up to 3 days ahead of time and kept in an airtight container in the fridge.
How do you use roasted cauliflower?
This roasted cauliflower is great as a side or an appetizer as is, but you can also easily add it to pastas, rice dishes and even pizzas! It’s great to serve alongside my Grilled Lemon Chicken and Garlic Cilantro Oven Baked Salmon.
Is cauliflower a healthy side dish?
Oven roasted cauliflower is a great side dish to feed your family and it is stuffed full of vitamins and minerals. It’s anti-inflammatory, high in fiber and extremely high in vitamin C. This dish is vegan and has no added sugar.
More side dishes
More cauliflower recipes
- Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
- Potato Cauliflower Casserole
- Cauliflower Fritters
This oven roasted cauliflower is such a quick and easy side dish to prepare, good for you and it tastes amazing – even kids agree!
If you’ve tried this healthy Oven Roasted Cauliflower recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
Oven Roasted Cauliflower with Tahini
For the Cauliflower
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
For the Tahini Sauce
- ½ cup tahini paste
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup water
- Preheat the oven to 425F and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Use a chef’s knife to slice the cauliflower in half. Then cut the cauliflower into smaller florets using your knife. Place the cauliflower on the baking sheet, add olive oil, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper and toss with your hands to combine. Roast until golden and fork tender, about 35-40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the tahini paste, lemon juice, garlic and salt to a small bowl and stir with a fork or whisk until it becomes a thick paste. Slowly add water to the mixture and whisk until it’s smooth without any clumps.
- Serve warm with fresh parsley and tahini sauce, if desired.