Cheesy Potato & Cauliflower CasseroleJump To Recipe
- Serves: 4
This Cheesy Potato & Cauliflower Casserole is the BEST side dish made with cheesy layers of potatoes & cauliflower that pairs well with steak or chicken!
- Author: Yumna Jawad
Cheesy Potato & Cauliflower Casserole
This high-energy casserole takes two of nature’s finest veggies and mixes them up with none other than gooey cheesy deliciousness! I use sharp cheddar, but feel free to add whatever cheese makes your family oooh and ahhh.
Potatoes are considered complex carbs which reads: good and healthy for you. Complex carbs give you long-lasting energy instead of the rush followed by a crash that simple carbs (white pastas, rice, sugars) deliver.
And cauliflower, one of the most undersung vegetables in the garden, is a cruciferous veggie chock full of vital nutrients like choline (important neurotransmitter for nerve and muscle function), biotin (otherwise known as Vitamin B7 which helps out your metabolism), folate, vitamin C, vitamin K and many other nutrients crucial for total body health. I guess you could call cauliflower a superfood!
Pair the Cheesy Potato & Cauliflower Casserole up with a steak, chicken or even fish for a well-rounded and definitely worthy-of-your-dinner-rotation side dish.
Try it, Love it, Share it!
- 5-6 red potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp thyme leaves (fresh or dried)
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 1/3 cup vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 F degrees and grease an 8 x 8 oven-safe baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook potatoes for 15 minutes and cauliflower for 10 minutes, so they are both crisp tender
- Drain potatoes and cauliflower and set aside
- On the bottom of the greased baking dish, layer half the potatoes and cauliflower, then half the thyme, drizzle with half the olive oil (about 1 tablespoon), and half the cheese and season with salt and pepper to taste. Then, add a second layer the remaining potatoes and cauliflower, remaining thyme, remaining olive oil, remaining cheese and season again with more salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the vegetable broth on top of the potato cauliflower layers
- Bake at 375F for about 20 minutes until cheese is golden & bubbly
- Serve as a side dish with any main item.