These Creamy Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes are super fluffy and tasty - make them as a healthy alternative to traditional mashed potatoes with less carbs!
Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. Being as it revolves so much around epic recipes, can you blame me?! While the turkey is the main attraction, I think we can’t argue that mashed potatoes are probably the number one side dish next to the turkey. And if you’re keeping it low carb, you need to try my cauliflower mashed potatoes!
I love love regular traditional mashed potatoes, creamy, chunky, however you make it…I love having it next to turkey or chicken or steak. But sometimes I want that creamy fluffy comfort side dish without all the carbs, and that’s when I make my Creamy Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes.
Well, let’s not kid ourselves, they’re not actually potatoes, it’s 100% cauliflower, but totally has the texture of potatoes. Every time I make these “fauxtatoes” they turn out incredibly creamy and tasty! And my kids honestly have no idea its cauliflower.
Pile it on high, top it with some butter and gravy and most people (not just kids) won’t even be able to tell the difference. I make my cauliflower mashed potatoes with cream cheese, parmesan cheese, garlic and a tad of butter (and a tad more for serving…wink, wink).
For anyone skeptical of vegetables tasting like potatoes, these creamy cauliflower mashed potatoes will completely change your mind! If you’re making these for Thanksgiving, you can make them up to 3 days ahead (like make them TONIGHT!). If you’re making these cauliflower mashed potatoes for a regular everyday side dish to go with your protein and veggies, try it with some steak and green beans on the side like I did here…YUM-to-the-MO!
If you’ve tried this healthy-ish feel good Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
More low carb cauliflower recipes:
More Thanksgiving recipes:
- Melting Sweet Potatoes
- Baked Cranberry Sauce
- Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese
- Holiday Brussels Sprouts
- Vegetarian Stuffing
Creamy Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 large head cauliflower cut into florets
- 2 cups water
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 Tbsp cream cheese
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Fresh chives chopped for serving, optional
- Butter for serving optional
- In a large skillet, heat the butter, add the cauliflower and sautee for a few minutes until the cauliflower lightens in color.
- Add the water to the skillet to cover the cauliflower, bring to a boil, then cover and cook for 5 minutes, until the cauliflower is tender.
- Drain the cauliflower, pat it dry with a paper towel, then pour it into a large bowl.
- Add the Parmesan cheese, cream cheese, minced garlic and salt.
- Blend using an immersion blender to desired consistency. You can also mash them for a more chunky consistency.
- Serve warm with fresh chives and pats of butter, if desired.