This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Get ready for Melting sweet potatoes! That’s right – sweet potatoes that literally melt and dissolve in your mouth! What makes them so melty? It’s the butter mixed with the natural sweetness of sweet potatoes that comes out when roasted.
The edges get slightly crunchy but the insides are literally melting sweet potatoes…soft, caramelized and candy-like! That’s what happens when you mix butter and maple syrup on top of a sweet starch like sweet potatoes. These melting sweet potatoes slowly roast and get bubbly in the oven. The result is love at first bite.
For more sweet potato recipes:
- Loaded Breakfast Sweet Potatoes
- Sweet Potato Noodles with Grilled Chicken
- Sweet Potato Toast and Fried Eggs
- Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- Sweet Potato Rounds
Sweet potatoes are a must-side dish for Thanksgiving. This year, impress your guests with this “meltingly” delicious take on sweet potatoes. It’s the perfect recipe for the holiday season!
If you’ve tried this feel good Melting Sweet Potatoes recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
Melting Sweet Potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Place the sweet potatoes on a sheet pan, add melted butter, salt to taste and pinch of cinnamon.
- Toss to coat, and then spread the sweet potatoes on the pan in a single layer, not touching.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Then flip the potatoes, drizzle them with maple syrup, and return to the oven for 20 more minutes.
- Potatoes will be golden brown on the outside with a nice crisp, while the insides will be soft and the syrup will be reduced and bubbly.
- Sprinkle pecans on top, add more maple syrup if you desire, and enjoy hot and melty.