Sweet Potato Toast with Fried EggsJump To Recipe
- Serves: 1 servings
Switch that bread in your toaster to sweet potato slices and try this Sweet Potato Toast with Fried Eggs - it's a low carb, low calorie, tasty breakfast!
- Author: Yumna Jawad
Sweet Potato Toast with Fried Eggs
Have you heard? Sweet potatoes are the new toast! Well, it doesn’t actually taste like toast, but once you toast it and top it with your favorite ingredients, it makes for a tasty breakfast that won’t have you missing that toast! I’m obsessed with sweet potatoes…they’re naturally gluten-free, high in fiber and packed with a chockful of nutrients…something you probably can’t say about most slices of bread. So I took my favorite breakfast of toast with avocado and fried eggs and turned it into Sweet Potato Toast with Fried Eggs. Feast your eyes on this…
The key is finding a fat piece of sweet potato and slicing it really thin (about 1/4 inch slices). You have to be careful not to slice it too thin because it won’t hold its shape and don’t slice it too thick or it won’t cook fast enough in the toaster. Once you have the perfect thickness, you can literally just pop them into a standard toaster or even a toaster oven and toast until they are fork tender. The duration will depend on the strength of your toaster. I used a toaster oven for mine and it took about 10-15 minutes to get it perfect. If you’re cooking a huge batch of them, you can even put them in the oven at 450° F for about 15 minutes flipping halfway through. Once they’re toasted, you can top them as you wish!
Try it, Love it, Share it!
- 2 sweet potato slices cut lengthwise into 1/3" thick slices
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 eggs
- Spray sweet potato slices with cooking spray and season with salt and pepper
- Insert slices into toaster (similar to bread) and toast the slices on high.
- After the sweet potatoes pop up from the toaster, check to see if they are fork tender, and toast longer if desired. Depending on your toaster, you may also want to turn down the toaster setting to Medium.
- In a small bowl, mash the avocado and season with salt and pepper.
- Fry two eggs sunny side up
- Place the mashed avocado on top of the sweet potato slices, top with the fried eggs and fresh parsley, if desired.
- Enjoy immediately