Loaded Breakfast Sweet PotatoesJump To Recipe
- Serves: 2 servings
These Loaded Breakfast Sweet Potatoes are vegetarian, gluten-free and paleo friendly - full of protein, nutrition and flavor to kick start your day!
- Author: Yumna Jawad
Loaded Breakfast Sweet Potatoes
All the yummy Mexican flavors with these customized loaded breakfast sweet potatoes – makes me wanna salsa!
If you’re tired of eating eggs on toast, you can try eggs on sweet potato toasts (yeah, it’s totally a thing!) or just have eggs inside a baked sweet potato. The combination of eggs and sweet potatoes is just so good, regardless how you prepare them! All you have to do is bake the sweet potatoes for about 45 minutes in the oven…that’s the part that takes some slight pre-planning so you’re not done cooking the eggs and staring at the oven. Other than than, scramble the eggs however you’d like to, stuff them inside the hot mashed sweet potatoes and top it with your favorite Mexican condiments. I love putting salsa, mashed avocados, sour cream, cilantro and some hot sauce. But you can also just put fresh tomatoes and avocado if you’d like, or just shredded cheese and hot sauce. You get the idea. And you get to be in charge of customizing it!
I make these for my husband and I for the weekend, set up a little DIY station with all the condiments and we go to town. It may look like a lot for one person to eat the whole enchilada…errr loaded breakfast sweet potatoes, but I’ve seriously never had trouble finishing one. Then again, I don’t have trouble finishing a lot of foods #foodieproblems!
These loaded breakfast sweet potatoes are officially my favorite way to kick off the weekend!
How to Make Loaded Breakfast Sweet Potatoes (1 min.)
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 Tbsp milk
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Salsa, for serving
- Mashed avocado, for serving
- Sour cream, for serving
- Fresh cilantro, for serving
- Hot sauce, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Using a fork, poke holes in the sweet potatoes, then bake in the preheated oven directly on the rack for 45 minutes to 1 hour until the sweet potatoes are fork tender.
- While the sweet potatoes are baking, heat the olive oil in a small pan. Whisk the eggs with the milk, sea salt and pepper, pour into the pan over low medium heat and slowly scramble.
- When the sweet potatoes are cooked and cooled, cut a slit down the center of the sweet potato about 2/3 of the way down. Using a fork, slightly mush the inside of the sweet potato and season with salt and pepper.
- Stuff the scrambled eggs inside the sweet potatoes. Add salsa, mashed avocados, sour cream, hot sauce and cilantro, if desired. Enjoy warm!
- Nutrition information does not include the toppings. It only includes the sweet potatoes, salt/pepper and the scrambled eggs.