You know that one meal you can eat for breakfast, lunch or dinner or ANYTIME in between? Yeahhh..this is it – Kale and Sweet Potato Hash with Baked Eggs.
Made quick and easy in one skillet, this Kale & Sweet Potato Hash With Baked Eggs sure hits the spot any time of day, and it’s especially perfect for brunch. It’s the ultimate brunch trio of sweet potatoes, eggs and good-for-you-greens. My topping were a bit eclectic, but I’m all about the colorful garnish with anything and everything leftover in my fridge from the previous week. So I topped it off with some creamy crumbled feta cheese, cherry tomatoes, spicy (ok maybe just spicy in my book, but they really do have a kick!) jalapeno and fresh cilantro.
And because I made this one in a small skillet enough for just me, you can bet I ate right out of the skillet << no regrets.
Less dishes to clean up and less time to waste transferring this yumminess to a plate. Because when you smell the sweet potatoes starting to caramelize on the skillet with the tangy kale and perfectly baked eggs, you need to dive right in with as little interruptions as possible! Not a big fan of kale? You can totally make this with spinach. But I love the combo flavor of kale with the sweet potatoes and kale carries so much more health benefits as compared to spinach
I’m obsessed with this combination of textures, flavors and colors…it’s the ultimate weekend brunch, or any-time of day week meal!
Try it, Love it, Share it!
Kale & Sweet Potato Hash With Baked Eggs
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large sweet potato cut into small cubes
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups kale destemmed and cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp feta cheese
- Sliced cherry tomatoes
- Sliced jalapenos
- Fresh cilantro chopped
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- In a small non-stick skillet, melt the coconut oil.
- Add the sweet potatoes to the skillet, season with salt, pepper and the garlic powder. Then cook on medium heat for 10-12 minutes until the sweet potatoes are golden and fork tender.
- Add the kale to the skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes until they soften.
- Crack the eggs over the sweet potato and kale, sprinkle the chili powder and cumin over the whole skillet and cover the skillet with a lid. Bake 5 to 7 minutes on the stovetop or in the oven at 375°F, until the egg whites are set and the yolks are cooked to your desired degree of doneness.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese, sliced cherry tomatoes, sliced jalapenos and fresh cilantro, if you desire.
- Serve hot as is or with bread, and enjoy!