This Breakfast Bowl is made with sunny side eggs, sauteed spinach, parmesan tomato toast & slices of avocado. It's vegetarian, healthy and easy to customize
It’s super trendy now…eating food that is not soup from a bowl! I see this everywhere lately. These beautiful bowls made for breakfast, lunch or dinner and made up of a variety of ingredients that all comes together under one uniform flavor. My breakfast bowl recipe is something I love making when I’m cleaning out the fridge or looking for a fuller breakfast meal.
This is a super simple recipe that’s made for easy sunday mornings. Sautee some spinach…boom. Toast some bread with tomatoes (or maybe just with cheese)…boom. Fry up some eggs sunny side up (or however you like them)…boom!
Then just make it all come together magically in this Breakfast Bowl and garnish with anything you’d like. Avocado is non-negotiable for me with eggs. Plus I love to add some hot sauce and fresh herbs like cilantro or parsley. Now that, my friends, is easy like sunday morning!
If you’ve tried this healthy-ish feel good Breakfast Bowl recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
For more egg recipes, check out:
- 1 Tbsp olive oil divided
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 small garlic clove minced
- 1/2 a lemon
- Slice of your favorite bread I used a rustic italian loaf
- Slice of beefsteak tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp grated parmesan
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 avocado sliced
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Hot sauce optional
- Fresh cilantro optional
- Heat a medium size nonstick pan to medium and add 1/2 Tbsp of the olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Add the fresh spinach to the pan, then add the minced garlic, and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the spinach for about 2-3 minutes until it wilts and then squeeze the juice from 1/2 a lemon on top.
- Scoop into your bowl.
Parmesan Tomato Toast
- Layer the slice of tomato on top of the sliced bread.
- Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese, salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- Toast for 3 minutes until the cheese melts and the bread toasts.
Sunny Side Eggs
- In the same pan used to cook the spinach, heat the remaining olive oil in the pan over medium heat . It should be enough to lightly coat the bottom of the pan.
- Carefully crack the eggs into the pan and season with salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- Cook until the tops of the whites are just set on top, but the yolks are still runny, about 3 minutes.
- When they’re ready, remove the pan from the heat and take the eggs out using a spatula. Place the eggs on top of the sauteed spinach in your bowl.
- Place the parmesan tomato toast next to the eggs and add slices of avocado.
- Season with more salt and fresh cracked pepper, hot sauce and fresh cilantro, if desired.