Blissful Breakfast BowlJump To Recipe
- Serves: 1 bowl
This Blissful Breakfast Bowl is made with sunny side eggs, lemon garlic sauteed spinach, parmesan tomato toast & slices of avocado, drizzled with hot sauce, if desired - the perfect meal to start to your day!
- Author: Yumna Jawad
Blissful Breakfast Bowl
It’s super trendy now…eating food that is not soup from a bowl! I see this everywhere lately…these beautiful bowls made for breakfast, lunch or dinner and made up of a variety of ingredients that all comes together under one uniform flavor. My blissful bowls usually happen at the end of the week when I am trying to clean out the fridge and it’s amazing what comes out of them. For dinner, I call these Power Bowls, and they have been such a hit in my house!
This Blissful Breakfast Bowl was well intended though and not something that spawned from cleaning out the fridge. Don’t worry I have no shame in admitting accidentally beautiful recipes that come out randomness. This is a super simple recipe that’s made for easy sunday mornings. Sautee some spinach…boom. Toast some bread with tomatoes (or maybe just with cheese)…boom. Fry up some eggs sunny side up (or however you like them)…boom!
Then just make it all come together magically in this Blissful Breakfast Bowl and garnish with anything you’d like. Avocado is non-negotiable for me with eggs. Plus I love to add some hot sauce and fresh herbs like cilantro or parsley. Now that, my friends, is easy like sunday morning!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 a lemon
- Slice of your favorite bread (I used a rustic italian loaf)
- Slice of beefsteak tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp grated parmesan
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 avocado, sliced
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Hot sauce (optional)
- Fresh cilantro (optional)
- Heat a medium size nonstick pan to medium and add 1/2 Tbsp of the olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Add the fresh spinach to the pan, then add the minced garlic, and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the spinach for about 2-3 minutes until it wilts and then squeeze the juice from 1/2 a lemon on top.
- Scoop into your bowl.
Parmesan Tomato Toast
- Layer the slice of tomato on top of the sliced bread.
- Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese, salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- Toast for 3 minutes until the cheese melts and the bread toasts.
Sunny Side Eggs
- In the same pan used to cook the spinach, heat the remaining olive oil in the pan over medium heat . It should be enough to lightly coat the bottom of the pan.
- Carefully crack the eggs into the pan and season with salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- Cook until the tops of the whites are just set on top, but the yolks are still runny, about 3 minutes.
- When they’re ready, remove the pan from the heat and take the eggs out using a spatula. Place the eggs on top of the sauteed spinach in your bowl.
- Place the parmesan tomato toast next to the eggs and add slices of avocado.
- Season with more salt and fresh cracked pepper, hot sauce and fresh cilantro, if desired.