Sweet Potato Noodles are spiralized sweet potatoes that are a great low-carb nutrient-dense alternative to pasta - makes for an easy and quick side dish!
Sweet Potato Noodles are what happens when you spiralize sweet potatoes to get long thin strands that look like noodles! All that spiralized goodness doused in a generous amount of olive oil, garlic and oregano with a creamy marinara sure is a good substitute for pasta.
Sprilizing vegetables has become such a popular food trend that you can buy a spiralizer almost anywhere these days. But then again, a lot of supermarkets are now selling spiralized vegetables. So if you want to test this out before committing to another kitchen gadget, look for these sprizalized sweet potatoes or any other vegetables in the prepared cold section of your grocery store. I found this batch at Whole Foods.
How to make sweet potato noodles
My favorite way to prepare sweet potato noodles is on a skillet. You just need some olive oil and a few minutes of tossing the sweet potatoes with salt and pepper or your favorite seasonings. Make sure not to cook the noodles longer than 5-7 minutes or they’ll start to break apart and you’ll lose the cool noodley look – that’s the whole point, am I right?!
For this method, I add marinara to the olive oil and sauteed for a few minutes. Pair those sweet potato noodles with perfectly grilled chicken and a delicate savory taste of sauteed mushrooms and you’ve got yourself a memorable meal without the heavy carbs! It’s a pretty yummy power bowl full of color and nutrition!
More sweet potato recipes:
- Loaded Breakfast Sweet Potatoes
- Sweet Potato Noodles with Grilled Chicken
- Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- Sweet Potato Rounds
More low-carb dinner recipes:
- Butternut Squash Noodles
- Healthy Shrimp Scampi
- Zucchini Enchiladas
- Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
- Baked Eggplant Parmesan
If you’ve tried this healthy-ish feel good Sweet Potato Noodles recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
Sweet Potato Noodles
- 16 oz spiralized sweet potatoes or about 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tbsp oregano
- 1 cup marinara sauce of choice
- 1/4 cup low fat milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 oz crimini mushrooms sliced
- 2 tbsp basting oil with garlic and herbs or olive oil
- 4 6 oz skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tsp [url href="https://thespicecave.com/collections/spice-cave-blends/products/land-savory-garlic-seasoning"]Spice Cave[/url] Land seasoning or you can combine equal parts onion powder, garlic powder, mustard powder and cumin
- Fresh parsley chopped, for serving
- Grated Parmesan cheese for serving
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat olive oil, then add garlic, oregano, and marinara sauce. Sautee for a couple minutes until well blended and aromatic.
- Then add the milk and stir to combine for a couple minutes. Add in the sweet potato noodles and season with salt and pepper. Let cook for 5-7 minutes, tossing with tongs to combine with the sauce. Divide the sweet potato noodles into four plates.
- Wipe off the sauce from the skillet and heat half of the basting oil, then cook the mushrooms with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 5-7 minutes until browned and softened. Divide between the four plates
- In the same pan, add remaining basting oil and heat until the oil sizzles.
- Add the seasoning to the chicken on both sides, then sautee the chicken in the pan for 3-4 minutes per side until juices run clear and chicken is browned on both sides. Divide the chicken into the four plates, and slice if you desire.
- Serve with parsley and grated Parmesan cheese, if you desire.