This Baked Cranberry Relish is a great thanksgiving side dish that practically makes itself in the oven! Leftovers pair really well with muffins or toast
The Cranberry Relish that practically makes itself! Are you intrigued yet? You should be! I love anytime I can make a recipe in the oven, especially when I have guests coming over for a big meal, like umm…thanksgiving?! I’m not hosting this year, but my mom is, and I know how crazy the kitchen gets the day of the festivities! So, cranberry relish is always an easy make-ahead dish you can count on.
But what if it was even easier than simply making it ahead on the stovetop? What if all you had to do was dump the ingredients in a pan and let it slowly bake in the oven? Umm…yes. Sign me up for this hands-free easy recipe. Please and thank you!
This is the simplest and best cranberry relish / sauce I’ve ever made. There’s no time spent on the stove-top stirring to get the saucy consistency. It all just dissolves and cooks perfectly in the oven.
The result is a thick baked cranberry relish that goes perfectly with turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy and the whole nine yards. And if you have leftovers for the next day, this is a condiment queen! Just slap it on some toast or muffins and you’ll be a happy camper! It’s a wonderful balance of tart and sweet flavor. And, I dare say even the cranberry nay-sayers will like this cranberry relish recipe.
Say goodbye to canned cranberry.
Sat hello to your new favorite baked cranberry relish.
If you make this healthy-ish feelgood Cranberry Relish recipe, please be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
If you’re looking for a traditional Cranberry Orange Sauce, I’ve got you covered with that one as well!
More Thanksgiving Side Dish Recipes:
- Vegan Mushroom Gravy
- Melting Sweet Potatoes
- Healthy Mashed Potatoes
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese
- Autumn Pear Salad
Baked Cranberry Relish
- 1 12 oz bag cranberries
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch nutmeg
- Orange Zest for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Combine the cranberries, sugar, vanilla extract, water, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a 9x9" baking dish and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then stir the sauce to help dissolve any sugar, and return to the oven covered for an additional 30 minutes, until the cranberries are tender and bubbly.
- Remove the dish from the oven and sprinkle with the fresh orange zest.
- Let the dish cool to room temperature, then chill for at least one hour to enhance the flavor before serving.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container for 3-4 weeks.