Shrimp Cocktail in Avocado BowlsJump To Recipe
These Shrimp Cocktail in Avocado Bowls are easy to prepare and a huge hit at parties - making them a practical, fun & delicious appetizer for the holidays!
- Author: Yumna Jawad
Shrimp Cocktail in Avocado Bowls
I first shared this recipe on Instagram 4 years ago and it was massively popular that I decided to re-take the pics, make a food tutorial video and share it on the blog! I learned this recipe from my dad. He is amazing in the kitchen and whips up the most delicious recipes, most of the time with little ingredients. It’s just the way he mixes those ingredients together and presents them that makes them so appealing! I think we’ve all had ketchup and mayonnaise mixed together to make cocktail sauce, but have you had shrimp cocktail in avocado bowls yet?
This is the perfect appetizer to make for your guests during the holidays and they work really well all year long! You won’t believe how easy it is to prepare. The sauce can be made well ahead of time, the shrimp can be pre-cooked or cooked up to a day in advance, and the avocado just make for the cutest way to serve the best appetizer recipe you’ll ever make! Well, I guess you have to be a shrimp fan, and an avocado fan, and then for reals, it’ll be the best appetizer dish ever! I even serve these shrimp cocktail in avocado bowls with mini spoons just to up the cuteness factor! Can you blame me?
How to Make Shrimp Cocktail in Avocado Bowls (1 min.)
- 2 avocados, cut in half lengthwise and pitted
- 1/2 a lemon
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb jumbo raw shrimp
- Salt/pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp vegenaise
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- Pinch of salt
- Scoop out some of the flesh from each of the avocado halves and squeeze the lemon onto the avocados to help keep them green.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat, add the shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Cook the shrimp for 2-3 minutes on each side, until opaque throughout. Remove from heat and squeeze some lemon juice on top.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the vegenaise, ketchup, sriracha, ground ginger and salt until it's fully blended.
- Add the cooked shrimp to the cocktail sauce, and toss to coat.
- Scoop the cocktail shrimp into the crevice of the avocados.
- Garnish with parsley and lemon slices, if desired.