This Skinny Spinach Dip is a rich creamy dip that uses cottage cheese instead of sour cream. It's healthy, easy and utterly delicious. Enjoy with bread, crackers and veggies.
Whether you want to be the hostess with the mostest or the guest with the best [dish], this skinny spinach dip needs to make an appearance at your next get-together! I call it skinny because it has less fat and calories than traditional spinach dip. It won’t actually make your skinny 😉
Dips are a must at any sports party, but most are packed with mayonnaise as the base ingredient or loaded with too much cheese or too much salt. Not this dip, my friends! This skinny spinach dip is rich, creamy and actually packed with protein thanks to our secret ingredient: cottage cheese!
Why cottage cheese instead of sour cream? Check these numbers for a half cup serving of each:
- Calories: 110 in cottage cheese vs. 222 in sour cream
- Fat: 5 g in cottage cheese vs. 22 g in sour cream
- Protein: 12.5 g in cottage cheese vs. 2.5 g in sour cream
Amazing huh?? And when it’s all blended, I don’t think you can even tell the difference. It’s just as creamy, just as tasty but so much more healthy!
You can serve it cold in a cute bread bowl with fresh vegetables and pretzels like this:
Or you can add some shredded mozzarella cheese on top, pop it in the oven until the cheese gets melted and golden and serve it with toast like this:
I will take this skinny spinach dip either way! It’s so good and so good for you!
For more easy appetizers:
- Baked Brie Recipe
- Shrimp Cocktail in Avocado Bowls
- Crostini with Roasted Tomatoes
- Mushroom Avocado Toast
- Whipped Goat Cheese Stuffed Tomatoes
- Simple Guacamole
- Baked Brie Cranberry in Bread Bowl
If you make this feel good Skinny Spinach Dip recipe, please be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
Cream Cheese Spinach Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup cottage cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove pressed
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 10 ounces frozen spinach thawed rinsed, and drained
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese if serving warm (optional)
- Place the cream cheese, cottage cheese, parmesan cheese, lemon juice, garlic clove, hot sauce, salt and pepper to taste in the bowl and mix until well combined. You can also use a food processor for extra smooth consistency.
- Fold in the spinach until well combined.
- If serving cold, transfer to a platter and serve with sliced French bread or crackers.
- If serving warm, transfer to an oven-safe dish, smooth it out to an even layer and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and bake in a preheated oven at 375°F for 10 minutes, or until the dip is hot and cheese and melted. Serve immediately with sliced French bread or crackers.
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days. Stir before serving.