It’s a hot summer day and you just decided to have a last minute barbecue. But the important question is…what’s for dessert? I like making these quick and easy Banana Pudding Parfaits with easy-to-find ingredients.
I found a great brand of instant pudding/pie filling that’s actually made with simple real ingredients. If you make that ahead of time and let it cool in the fridge, you can whip up these cute parfait cups in no time right before your guests arrive!
We’ve got serious layers of yumminess in these banana pudding parfaits!
- Creamy dreamy pudding
- Coconut whipped cream
- Toasted crumbled vanilla wafers
- Fresh slices of bananas
Feel free to add more toppings, nuts, fresh fruit or whatever you’re feeling to personalize and perfect to your liking!
NOTE: Cups in images do no represent actual serving sizes 😉 but they totally could if you’re in for a big treat!
If you’ve tried this healthy-ish feel good Banana Pudding Parfait recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
For more pudding recipes:
Banana Pudding Parfaits
For the Pudding
- 1 3.5oz box vanilla pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 1 egg yolk beaten
For the crumbled wafers
- About 30 vanilla wafers
- 1 Tbsp butter melted
- 12 oz cool whip I use [url href="http://sodeliciousdairyfree.com/products/coconut-milk-frozen-desserts/cocowhip-original"]So Delicious Coco Whip[/url]
- 2 bananas sliced
For the Pudding
- Combine pudding mix and milk in a sauce pan and cook to dissolve.
- Add beaten egg and cook mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture thickens, about 3-5 minutes.
- Pour into a bowl, place saran wrap over the pudding (so it touches and prevents film from forming) and refrigerate for at least 90 minutes.
For the Crumbled Wafers
- Place the vanilla wafers in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse to break the wafers up and then process for 1-2 minutes until the crackers are fine (like the consistency of sugar).
- Add the melted butter to the bowl of the food processor, and process for 1 more minute to combine so the wafers get damp.
- Transfer the wafer mixture from the food processor to a baking sheet
- Heat the oven to 375° F and bake for about 5 minutes until they become golden. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Using small bowl, cups or glasses, layer in the pudding, whipped cream, sliced bananas and crumbled wafer mixture. Repeat layers as you desire and enjoy cold.