This Strawberry Parfait recipe is a wonderful mini-sized treat that's adorable, healthy and simple! It's a great snack after school or dessert for a party!
For a fun and flavorful summer treat, try this strawberry parfait recipe that only requires four ingredients. You’ll need frozen frozen, Greek yogurt, honey and granola or any crunchy toppings. You can double or triple the batch and prep in advance before a party – so cute and delicious!
The ingredients are straightforward, satisfying and nutritious. The key is to use good quality frozen strawberries (or freeze your own) and Greek yogurt for a thicker consistency with less water content.
Ingredients to make the recipe
- Strawberries: To make a sauce from strawberries without adding sugar, I love using frozen strawberries and mashing them to get a jammy texture.
- Greek yogurt: I like using 2% or full fat Greek yogurt to make the strawberry parfait because it holds well that way without any watery parts. It also adds a rich and creamy texture that you can’t get from plain yogurt.
- Honey: This helps to create a whipped consistency for the Greek yogurt and adds sweetness to balance the tart flavor of the yogurt and acid from the strawberries.
- Granola: This crunchy topping is a great balance to the creamy whipped yogurt and the saucey strawberries. Any kind of crunchy topping like nuts or seeds would work here as well.
How To Make Strawberry Parfait
- Start by thawing the frozen strawberries. You can do this by letting it thaw overnight in the fridge of microwaving the frozen strawberries.
- Use a fork or potato masher to mash the strawberries until they break down and release their liquid. You can keep a couple big chunks of strawberries though as you like.
- Transfer the mashed strawberries to a strainer and strain the excess liquid.
- You can use a spoon to help push the liquid through the strainer. Make sure to save that liquid though to add to smoothies or even pancakes!
- Place the Greek yogurt and honey in another small bowl and whisk together until well combined. Now divide the mixture into three bowls, but save a little to use for a second layer.
- Add the strained strawberry sauce on top of the Greek yogurt.
- All another dollop of the whipped Greek yogurt on top.
- Sprinkle the granola on top.
Top tips to make these parfaits
- Use 2% or full fat plain Greek yogurt for this parfait. It is much more rich in flavor and the consistency is perfect for whipping with honey without having too much water content. If you prefer, you can use a low fat yogurt, or one with a vanilla flavor.
- Don’t skip the granola because it adds great texture to these strawberry parfaits! You can use your favorite store bought one or try my homemade flaxseed granola.
- Build the parfaits just before serving for best results. The liquid from the strawberries will release and bleed into the yogurt so it looks best if layered just before enjoying.
Frequently asked questions
As I mentioned, you shouldn’t build the parfaits until you are ready to serve them, but you can puree the fruit ahead of time. Keep the fruit covered in the fridge for up to 4 hours, then all you need to do is spoon the ingredients into the glass.
I prefer to use frozen strawberries, they are easier to mash and are at their peak ripeness. You can use fresh strawberries, just make sure they are at their ripest for the sweetest results. You can also add 2 tablespoons of sugar to fresh strawberries which will help release their moisture and make it easier to mash.
I love the simplicity of these parfaits, but if you like you can easily add other toppings. Add some chocolate sauce or chocolate chips if you have a sweet tooth or additional nuts or fresh berries.
Utterly charming and just the right size for that perfect pick-me-up, these parfaits are the right snack at any time of the day or night. They are wonderful for summer entertaining and can easily be adapted to work with other fruits like peaches, blueberries or bananas.
For more summer treats:
If you’ve tried this feel good Strawberry Parfait recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
- 1 pound frozen strawberries
- 1 ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons honey
- ½ cup granola
- In a medium bowl, use a fork or potato masher to mash the strawberries until they break down and release their liquid. Transfer the mashed strawberries to a strainer and strain the excess liquid. Reserve the liquid for smoothies or another use.
- Place the Greek yogurt and honey in another small bowl and whisk together until well combined.
- To assemble the parfait, divide the yogurt into 3-4 bowls. Top with the strawberry sauce and sprinkle the granola on top. Enjoy immediately.