This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Watermelon is the our favorite post-barbecue refresher! So during the summer, I find fun ways to slice it up for my kids (cubes, slices, sticks, etc.). And I throw it in all kinds of dishes like this watermelon cucumber salad and a even a fancy fruit salad. My latest creation? This watermelon pizza! Don’t worry, it’s not like a pineapple pizza, where you put the fruit on pizza. It’s just a huge round slice of watermelon sliced like a pizza.
But this is the kind of pizza where you can easily eat more than one slice without the hefty calories tacked on!
How to make watermelon pizza
To start, get a juicy large watermelon, and cut it in half. Then cut an even round slice about 1-inch thick. Use the rest of the watermelon as you wish. You’ll only need this round slice.
Check out my tips on how to cut a watermelon.
To make the topping, it’s a simple mixture of ricotta cheese, whipped cream cheese and honey. Whip it up…whip it good!
And that mixture will go right on top of the round slice of watermelon along with a nice sprinkling of shredded coconut. I like to take a pizza slice (we’re making pizza after all!) and slice the watermelon pizza into 8 equal slices.
Then comes the toppings! I love adding more fresh fruit on top, like strawberries and blueberries. You can also add mint leaves, cacao nibs and nuts if you’d like! If you’re having a picnic, you can set out a variety of toppings and have everyone at the picnic select and customize their watermelon pizza slice. DIY everything for me anytime I have a get-together.
However you top it, this watermelon pizza recipe is such a refreshing snack for summer get togethers. It helps with that sweet tooth and also quenches your thirst – making it my favorite ever summer treat!
More summer fruit desserts/fruit salads:
- Summer Fruit Salad
- Watermelon Blueberry Salad
- Grilled Fruit Kabobs
- Watermelon Cucumber Salad
- Fruit Pizza
- Fruit Ice Cubes
If you’ve tried this healthy-ish feel good Watermelon Pizza recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
- 1 large round watermelon slice about 1 inch thick, cut from the center of the melon
- 1/2 cup ricotta
- 1/4 cup cream cheese whipped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Shredded coconut for topping
- Mixed berries for topping
- Crushed pistachios for topping
- Fresh mint for garnish
- In a small bowl, mix the ricotta, cream cheese and honey together until combined.
- Spread the ricotta mixture over the watermelon and sprinkle the shredded coconut. Cut the watermelon into 8 equal slices.
- Top the slices of watermelon with strawberries, blueberries, cacao nibs and mint, if desired.
- For best results, top the watermelon with ther ricotta mixture immediately before consuming. And enjoy within a few hours.
- To make this vegan, you can mix coconut cream with shredded coconut as the base “sauce” and then add any toppings of choice.