Perfect for busy mornings or mid-day treats, this quick and easy chocolate hazelnut smoothie bowl has a rich flavor and creamy consistency!
Get ready for your breakfasts to get extra delicious with this creamy and rich chocolate hazelnut smoothie bowl. Made with bananas and Nutella, it takes minutes to make and will get you set to face the busy day ahead of you.
Ingredients & substitutions
- Milk: You can use any kind of milk you’d like in this smoothie bowl. Dairy, almond, coconut and oat all work well.
- Bananas: Bananas are full of fiber, potassium and antioxidants and will help to keep you feeling full till lunch. It also creates most of the bulk for the smoothie and makes it extra creamy.
- Nutella: You can use Nutella or your favorite brand of chocolate hazelnut spread.
- Cocoa Powder: For a rich chocolatey taste. I prefer to use unsweetened.
- Toppings: Chocolate chips, hazelnuts and cacao nibs.
How to make a chocolate smoothie bowl
- Add the milk first, then bananas, Nutella and cocoa powder to a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and add toppings if desired.
Tips for making smoothie bowl recipes
- Make it to suit your tastes. Taste and adjust the flavor as needed, by adding a sweetener like honey or maple syrup, or more cacao powder for a richer chocolate flavor.
- Put the milk into the blender first. This will help to get all of the ingredients mixed together smoothly and as quickly as possible.
- Make this smoothie in a high speed blender. If you have a regular blender, you may want to blend it for an additional minute to make sure there are no chunks of banana. And you may need to stop to scrape down the sides since it will be very thick.
- Use frozen bananas. This helps to create a really creamy texture as well as making your smoothie cold. Using frozen banana means that you don’t have to add any ice which can make your smoothie watery.
Frequently asked questions
Smoothie bowls are best enjoyed soon after they are made for the best texture and flavor. As soon as you blend the bananas they do start to loose some nutritional benefits. If you can’t enjoy your bowl straight away, it will keep in the fridge for a day.
If you can’t enjoy your chocolate hazelnut smoothie straight away, you can freeze it in freezer bags or an airtight container. Defrost it in the fridge overnight to enjoy the next morning.
Smoothie bowls are a great alternative to regular smoothies because you can bulk them without worrying about being able to drink them through a straw. I like to swap between the two so that you don’t get bored having a smoothie each morning. You can add loads of toppings to make it a fuller meal too!
This chocolate hazelnut smoothie bowl is a great filling breakfast and even the pickiest eaters will love this recipe! So quick and easy to make, it’s perfect for those busy mornings.
More smoothie recipes:
- Mango Smoothie
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Pomegranate Smoothie
- Layered Smoothie
- Superfood Smoothie
- Aloe Vera Smoothie
If you’ve tried this healthy-ish feel good Chocolate Hazelnut Smoothie Bowl recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
Chocolate Hazelnut Smoothie Bowl
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 tablespoon Nutella
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- Chocolate chips for topping
- Chopped hazelnuts for topping
- Cacao nibs for topping
- Place the milk into a high speed blender first. Then add the frozen bananas, Nutella and cacao powder.
- Blend thoroughly on high speed for 1 minute until the mixture is completely smooth. You may need to stop and scrape down the blender depending on the strength of the blender you’re using.
- Taste and adjust the flavor as needed, by adding a sweetener of choice for added sweetness or more cacao powder for a richer chocolate flavor.
- Pour into a bowl and top if off chocolate chips, hazelnuts and cacao nibs, if desired.
- Serve immediately for best flavor and consistency.