A refreshing sweet and Mango Smoothie with a secret vegetable ingredient to give you a taste of the tropics and an energy boost!
A refreshing sweet Mango Smoothie with a secret vegetable ingredient to give you a taste of the tropics! This delicious vegan smoothie is creamy and packed full of flavor. Perfect for a quick and nutritious breakfast or an easy mid morning pick up!
I made this recipe over the summer when mangoes were in season, ripe and juicy and so refreshing! Mangoes are one of my favorite fruits because they’re so sweet and remind me of my childhood growing up in Sierra Leone in West Africa where we had mango trees everywhere and frequently enjoyed mangoes as snacks. Anyways, adding mangoes to your smoothies can add a lot of calories but if you limit it to 1 cup, it’s only 105 calories. Plus the benefits you’ll reap from eating the mangoes are far greater I think! In this Mango Smoothie recipe, I added bananas, shaved yellow beets (I promise you won’t even taste them and you’ll get a vegetable serving in!) and some coconut milk to make you feel like you’re on a tropical island! All you need is a blender to take you there!
The Benefits of Mango!
- Fights cancer: Antioxidants in mango protect the body against many types of cancer.
- Keeps cholesterol in check: Mango has high level of vitamin C, pectin and fibers that help to lower serum cholesterol levels.
- Regulates diabetes: Eating the same, limited amount of carbohydrates at regular times each day helps diabetics maintain normal blood sugar levels.
- Aids digestion: Mango contains enzymes that help in breaking down protein. The fibrous nature of mango helps in digestion and elimination.
How to make Mango Smoothie
It really couldn’t be any easier to make this delicious smoothie – simply put all the ingredients into a blender, and blend until smooth. Perfect for a quick breakfast on a busy morning!
Top tips to make Mango Smoothie
- Use fresh mango, banana and beets for maximum flavor. You can substitute fresh mango for frozen.
- Use a low fat and unsweetened coconut milk.
- Add ice if you prefer your smoothies ice cold.
- Drink this smoothie immediately.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are smoothies healthy?
Smoothies are as healthy as the ingredients you put into them! My Mango Madness smoothie certainly is healthy! By using unsweetened and low fat coconut milk, you cut down on sugars and calories and you get a tonne of nutrients from the mango, banana and beets! Blending your food also makes it easier to digest.
My smoothie is too thick – how do I make it thinner?
If your smoothie is too thick for your taste, simply add a little water to it as you blend. Add a little at a time so that you don’t make it too watery.
Is it healthy to have a smoothie for breakfast?
Having a smoothie for breakfast is a great option! Not only are they quick to make on busy mornings, but it’s a great way to get a tonne of vitamins and minerals in before you start your day. The fiber will keep you full, so those mid-morning snacks are easier to avoid.
For more healthy smoothie recipes:
- Glowing Green Smoothie
- Breakfast Coffee Smoothie
- Raspberry Iced Tea Smoothie
- Sweet Sunshine Smoothie
- Healthy Triple Berry Smoothie
This healthy smoothie is so delicious and packed full of tropical flavors – it’s such a great way to start your mornings! Grab your blender and enjoy every tasty and healthy sip!
If you’ve tried this feel good Mango Smoothie recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
- 1 cup mango chopped
- 1/2 cup low fat coconut milk
- 1/2 banana
- 1/4 cup shaved yellow beets
- Water as needed for desired thickness
- Add all the ingredients in a blender and blend until desired consistency.
- Top it off with chopped mangoes and enjoy immediately!