This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
A refreshing sweet Mango Smoothie with a secret superfood ingredient to give you a taste of the tropics! This delicious vegan smoothie is creamy and packed full of flavor. Perfect for a quick and nutritious breakfast or an easy mid morning pick up!
The benefits of mango
- Fights cancer: Antioxidants in mango protect the body against many types of cancer.
- Keeps cholesterol in check: Mango has high level of vitamin C, pectin and fibers that help to lower serum cholesterol levels.
- Regulates diabetes: Eating the same, limited amount of carbohydrates at regular times each day helps diabetics maintain normal blood sugar levels.
- Aids digestion: Mango contains enzymes that help in breaking down protein. The fibrous nature of mango helps in digestion and elimination.
Ingredients to make mango smoothie
- Mango: Mangoes are a low calorie fruit, that are high in fiber and vitamin A and give the smoothie a creamy thickness and sweet flavor. Learn how to cut a mango so you don’t waste any of the fruit.
- Banana: A banana (especially when frozen) helps to create a creamy texture as well as being a great source of potassium.
- Coconut milk: Coconut milk works so well with the tropical flavors in this smoothie. You can use any other type of milk, coconut water or just water.
- Ground flaxseed: I love adding ground flaxseed to smoothies to bulk them up, add some fiber and even high quality vegan protein.
How to make mango smoothie
It really couldn’t be any easier to make this delicious smoothie – simply put all the ingredients into a blender, and blend until smooth.
Tips to make Mango Smoothie
- Use frozen bananas for best texture. This way you don’t need to add any ice to the mango smoothie and you’ll get a thick and creamy texture without diluting it.
- Use a ripe fruit. Smoothies are a great way to use up over ripe bananas and over ripe mangos! This minimizes the need to add any sweetener to the smoothie.
- Don’t add ice to the smoothie. For me, ice usually waters down the flavor of a smoothie, so instead I just make sure at least one of the fruits is frozen.
- Drink the smoothie immediately. It will tend to separate into layers after a few hours and days. Plus the fruits lose their nutrients after a while.
Frequently asked questions
Smoothies are as healthy as the ingredients you put into them! My mango smoothie certainly is healthy! By using unsweetened and low fat coconut milk, you cut down on sugars and calories and you get a ton of nutrients from the mango and banana! Blending your food also makes it easier to digest.
If your smoothie is too thick for your taste, simply add a little water to it as you blend. Add a little at a time so that you don’t make it too watery.
Having a smoothie for breakfast is a great option! Not only are they quick to make on busy mornings, but it’s a great way to get vitamins and minerals in before you start your day. The fiber will keep you full, so those mid-morning snacks are easier to avoid.
This healthy mango smoothie is so delicious and packed full of tropical flavors – it’s such a great way to start your mornings! Grab your blender and enjoy every tasty and healthy sip!
For more healthy smoothie recipes:
- Glowing Green Smoothie
- Breakfast Coffee Smoothie
- Raspberry Iced Tea Smoothie
- Sweet Sunshine Smoothie
- Healthy Triple Berry Smoothie
If you’ve tried this feel good Mango Smoothie recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
- 2 frozen bananas
- 2 mangos about 2 cups chopped
- 1 ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- Place all the ingredients in a high-speed blender, and blend for 60-120 seconds until you get a smooth and creamy texture.
- Taste the smoothie, adding more milk if it is too thick or adding more sweetener if it’s not sweet enough for you. Pour into a cup or mason jar. Enjoy immediately, or store in fridge for up to 24 hours.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate. It will vary based on cooking method and specific ingredients used.