Easy and quick to make with just 5 ingredients, this Pumpkin Pie Smoothie is perfectly spiced and packed with protein for breakfast or a treat
This delicious pumpkin pie smoothie is perfect for the fall. This easy pumpkin smoothie is so quick to make and is loaded with protein for a healthy breakfast that is super tasty! This is a must for any pumpkin spice fan!
Ingredients to make pumpkin pie smoothie
- Pumpkin pie mix: Use pureed pumpkin with added spice or you can just use pureed pumpkin on its own.
- Milk: I use almond milk for the base of this smoothie, but any will work well.
- Bananas: Use frozen and ripe bananas for added fiber and natural sweetness.
- Greek yogurt: Greek yogurt is a great source of protein and helps to make the smoothie really creamy.
- Protein powder: I use a vanilla protein powder for an extra boost.
How to make pumpkin pie smoothie
- Place all of the ingredients into a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
Tips for making pumpkin smoothie
- Use frozen bananas for this smoothie. Frozen bananas eliminate the need to add ice, which can dilute your drink. They also blend up into a creamier texture.
- Use over ripe bananas. They are naturally sweeter so you don’t need to add in any sugar and they also contain more antioxidants than under ripe ones.
- Use a high speed blender and blend well. If you don’t have a high speed blender, blend for a little longer and scrape the sides down as you go so that you have a smooth texture without any lumps.
Frequently asked questions
Smoothies are best served shortly after making them. As soon as the fruit is blended, it starts to oxidate and loose some of its nutrition. If you can’t drink it straight away, cover the smoothie with plastic wrap and keep it refrigerated for up to 24 hours.
Taste a little of your smoothie before you serve it to check if it’s sweet enough for your taste. You can blend in a little honey or maple syrup for a natural sweetener or some stevia or granulated sugar.
This smoothie will work with lots of different plant based milks. I like to use almond, but oat, coconut or soy will all work well. You can also use dairy milk in this recipe if you are not vegan.
More smoothie recipes:
If you’ve tried this feel good Pumpkin Pie Smoothie recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 cup pumpkin pie mix
- 2 frozen bananas
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons vanilla protein powder
- Place all the ingredients in a high-speed blender, and blend for 60-120 seconds until you get a smooth and creamy texture.
- Taste the smoothie, adding more milk if it is too thick or adding more sweetener if it’s not sweet enough for you. Pour into two cups or mason jars. Enjoy immediately, or store in fridge for up to 24 hours.